sudo make me a sandwich

I think I've got my bases covered.
30 Sep, 2008, quixadhal wrote in the 22nd comment:
Votes: 0
Mmmmmm, sammich….
30 Sep, 2008, Sandi wrote in the 23rd comment:
Davion said:
Fortunately you already have such a place :). Look around. We've got FUSS teams out the wazoo, tba folk lurking, and clearly the ROMulans ;)

Yep. There's a folder above this one that contains all the separate dirivs. If you have an idea that might be of interest to all, you could put a note with a link there. (And still use the specific folder for the main thread, of course.)
30 Sep, 2008, Avaeryn wrote in the 24th comment:
Glad to hear there is at least a few folks interested :)

I can devote quite a bit of time, plus a host. Already have Rom up. Let's make a to do list and go from there then?

telnet://sulinea.arthmoor.com port 5489

Let's talk turkey…ermm…Romulans!
01 Oct, 2008, Elervan wrote in the 25th comment:
Hello,

I am quite interested in helping with this project. I think its a great idea to try and focus on another codebase such as ROM the way tbaMUD is doing with their's. So what is the plan on how to pull this off actually however? I know tbaMUD uses a CVS repository to help develop code changes. And the builders go online to their building academy to create the world.

Also, they have seperate forums for the discussion and development of it. aka bug fixes, code changes, annoucements, scripts, etc. Is there a forum to do such a thing for this project?

– Elervan
01 Oct, 2008, Avaeryn wrote in the 26th comment:
Elervan said:
Hello,

I am quite interested in helping with this project. I think its a great idea to try and focus on another codebase such as ROM the way tbaMUD is doing with their's. So what is the plan on how to pull this off actually however? I know tbaMUD uses a CVS repository to help develop code changes. And the builders go online to their building academy to create the world.

Also, they have seperate forums for the discussion and development of it. aka bug fixes, code changes, annoucements, scripts, etc. Is there a forum to do such a thing for this project?

– Elervan

http://romproject.proboards.com

Just a basic board for now. More later.
01 Oct, 2008, David Haley wrote in the 27th comment:
Do you guys feel a pressing need for a separate board from the get-go? If you think it would be helpful then by all means go for it, I'm just wondering if it makes sense at this point to split the community. Maybe you could convince the Friendly Forum Staff here to give you guys a section or something instead. :wink:
01 Oct, 2008, Fizban wrote in the 28th comment:
I know tbaMUD uses a CVS repository to help develop code changes

SVN actually, but err…close enough.
01 Oct, 2008, kiasyn wrote in the 29th comment:
DavidHaley said:
Do you guys feel a pressing need for a separate board from the get-go? If you think it would be helpful then by all means go for it, I'm just wondering if it makes sense at this point to split the community. Maybe you could convince the Friendly Forum Staff here to give you guys a section or something instead. :wink:

id be all for it
01 Oct, 2008, Chris Bailey wrote in the 30th comment:
DavidHaley said:

Consolidation before expansion, I can't say it enough. PS: I'll help! =)
01 Oct, 2008, Sandi wrote in the 31st comment:
Now that you mention it, keeping the discussion here would be a step towards the sharing mentioned earlier. If the idea is to push ROM towards the level of SmaugFUSS and tbaMUD, it can't hurt to have those people looking over our shoulders.
01 Oct, 2008, Davion wrote in the 32nd comment:
Sandi said:
Now that you mention it, keeping the discussion here would be a step towards the sharing mentioned earlier. If the idea is to push ROM towards the level of SmaugFUSS and tbaMUD, it can't hurt to have those people looking over our shoulders.

I totally agree! Come up with a name and I'll start a new section under ROM, and add a new category to the code repository. Remember, the ROM license forbids using "ROM" in the name of a derivative, so come up with something catchy :). A few things I came up with are Waterfalls of MUD (WoM, phonetically sounds like ROM :P) and the other was MorMUD (Mor is ROM backwards, I know, clever :P) I'll be online on the MUD from about 2pm PST till I go to bed, so you can talk to me then or just post here.
01 Oct, 2008, Skol wrote in the 33rd comment:
How about… RuM, Reiteration uber MUD ;)
Why's it always got to be the RuM?
01 Oct, 2008, quixadhal wrote in the 34th comment:
RAM – Rivers AND MUD.

We're trying to make a cleaner ROM, so cleaning the rivers makes sense, as long as we keep the MUD too. Besides, we all know RAM is faster than ROM.
01 Oct, 2008, Guest wrote in the 35th comment:
When I toyed with the idea a couple of years back about fixing up Rom, I attached the name "FURS" - Fixed Up Rom Source - to the project. It never got past being named though.
01 Oct, 2008, Chris Bailey wrote in the 36th comment:
I like the name Quix came up with, RaM. =)
01 Oct, 2008, Sandi wrote in the 37th comment:
I'll third RAM.
01 Oct, 2008, Avaeryn wrote in the 38th comment:
Sandi said:
I'll third RAM.

Fourth.
01 Oct, 2008, Davion wrote in the 39th comment:
Fifth!
01 Oct, 2008, Trip wrote in the 40th comment:
It's a little early for a fifth isn't it?

I like RAM too
Random Picks
20.0/47