10 Jun, 2006, Guest wrote in the 1st comment:
Votes: 0
There has been some talk of new forums to add. One which was suggested is a design forum, which will be added shortly. Any other ideas? I think promotional type forums were mentioned as well? Anything else?

And before anyone suggests it, no, we're not adding a flames forum :)
10 Jun, 2006, Hades_Kane wrote in the 2nd comment:
Yeah, there's been talk of forums dedicated to advertising for players and advertising for staff. I don't know if you would want to do two different ones or combine them, but that's been mostly what I've seen for the forums.
10 Jun, 2006, Midboss wrote in the 3rd comment:
Aw, no flames? How about an insults forum? Heh, but in all seriousness, the only other new forum (besides design) that I'd be interested in would be some sort of ethical discussions forum.
10 Jun, 2006, Hades_Kane wrote in the 4th comment:
Yeah, I think ethical discussions would be good, as well. Midboss and I especially can be rather long-winded when it comes to stuff like that, and from my experience in other forums, those are often some of the most popular threads. Perhaps that along can generate more traffic :p
10 Jun, 2006, Midboss wrote in the 5th comment:
Or at least give everyone else an idea of what forum to stay out of if they wish to ignore either one of us, eh?
10 Jun, 2006, Hades_Kane wrote in the 6th comment:
Haha, no kidding :p

If done with respect with others, however, I think it's a good forum to have.
10 Jun, 2006, Midboss wrote in the 7th comment:
Maybe if we add a forum dedicated to senility Osiris will grace us with his presence?
10 Jun, 2006, Conner wrote in the 8th comment:
How about some forums dedicated to building concepts and such? Maybe get the builders of the community a place to participate too?
10 Jun, 2006, Hades_Kane wrote in the 9th comment:
Any forums I've seen dedicated to builders have really hardly been used. You mostly find people just posting wanting to know how to build or people posting for builders.

I don't personally see the need for it, but you never know…
10 Jun, 2006, Midboss wrote in the 10th comment:
I have to agree with Diablos. The odds of a building forum being used for _anything_ but desperate recruiting attempts are slim to none, so we'd all be better off without it, more than likely.
11 Jun, 2006, Skol wrote in the 11th comment:
I do like the idea of a design forum though, the threads I find the MOST interesting and useful are the ones when I get into discussion of game design with the likes of KaVir, Tyche, Vopisk and others. Even say Midboss here (I think it was you) on the turns vs speed combat. Those kinds of discussion with pros/cons experiences, likes dislikes, fears hopes etc… I find those the most helpful when considering new directions or changes in direction for my own mud.

A building forum would most certainly have to have a rule about ZERO recruiting. Good builders are as rare if not moreso than good coders, it's be a feeding frenzy for some.
11 Jun, 2006, Midboss wrote in the 12th comment:
Yeah, that was probably me. Though when I tried striking up a combat discussion on TMC I quickly dropped out of the thread. It just took off too quickly and I couldn't keep up with the dozen new posts every five seconds, especially on TMC's less than impressive design. Am I the only one who finds navigating TMC to be a living hell?
11 Jun, 2006, Skol wrote in the 13th comment:
I've gotten pretty used to it over the years. But the new forum that we're testing out for it should be an improvement on it, so far it's been nice.
11 Jun, 2006, Midboss wrote in the 14th comment:
Is that so? Please tell me it has no more frames… God I hate frames…
11 Jun, 2006, Skol wrote in the 15th comment:
The new one, no frames yep. I think PHP and dynamic coding has allowed for frames to go bye bye (note to self, rewrite Ansalon website rofl, ok ok ok, it's been a few years hehe).
11 Jun, 2006, Guest wrote in the 16th comment:
Well the new stuff uses Ruby on Rails, not php. Personally I don't know which type of forum setup I like better on TMC. They both seem a bit difficult to navigate. The main site because the old web forum software is just too clunky. The new probably because I'm not used to it. Not too keen on the reversed order of the topic replies either. Too much scrolling.
11 Jun, 2006, Midboss wrote in the 17th comment:
Huh. As long as it's at least a _little_ less clunky, I'll be satisfied. My main problem with TMC is actually the lack remembering logins. I'm on a 56k so getting redirected left and right to log back in before posting something, along with having to load massive Achaea banners on every page kinda kills it for me.
11 Jun, 2006, Hades_Kane wrote in the 18th comment:
I agree with Midboss here on the whole login thing being annoying. I'll not always notice if I'm still logged in or not, sift through the forum and find a thread worth replying to, then when I click to, I have to log in and go all the way back through the forum to get to the thread again. Also one of the problem with the frames is when you refresh somewhere and have to find your way back to the page because it refreshes to the index.
11 Jun, 2006, Midboss wrote in the 19th comment:
Exactly. It also seems to take quite a while to load for me, but that's probably mostly my connection. Still, other sites (like this one) load instantly.
12 Jun, 2006, Hades_Kane wrote in the 20th comment:
Yeah, this site certainly does work well.

I'm really glad to see a serious alternative open up like this.
0.0/22