27 Aug, 2008, Guest wrote in the 141st comment:
Votes: 0
Because I already did that once: http://www.mudbytes.net/index.php?a=topi...
27 Aug, 2008, Cratylus wrote in the 142nd comment:
As I understand the garbling:

1) David states that Samson confuses disagreement and disrespect.
2) Samson disagrees.
3) David points to examples of people who profess respect for Samson.
4) Samson points out a logical fallacy.

With a little good faith, this would not have taken very long to iron out.
I suggest we all cool it.

-Crat
http://lpmuds.net
27 Aug, 2008, Zenn wrote in the 143rd comment:
Bad. Do NOT turn this into yet another flame war that will spiral into being locked. BACK on topic we go.. This means you

Anyway.

I'm fairly sure that this has been discussed quite enough, and that the imms need to make a decision here.

Extra subforum? Moderators? Yes? No? One? Both? Neither?

So, I await your decisions. The longer you take to make them the more likely this is to spiral into what it was before. :thinking:

EDIT: Er. Why did I put 'Imms'?

EDIT #2: Make my post after David's.

EDIT #3: David. Samson. TAKE IT TO PMs, or the Mighty Dragon of Imaginationalitis will eat you.
27 Aug, 2008, David Haley wrote in the 144th comment:
I'm sorry, I must be completely stupid, all I can see is you saying there is neither validity nor evidence, and me giving you an example of evidence, for the claim that people can respect you and yet disagree with you. Maybe somebody else can help me out here…

Just to be crystal clear:

1. David says he thinks Samson mistakes lack of agreement with lack of respect
2. Samson says that claim has neither validity nor evidence
3. David gives an example (himself) of somebody saying they respect Samson and yet still occasionally disagree
4. Samson says that David reversed a claim

Did I make an error in the above?

EDIT: derrr, I hate it when posts show up in between my reading and my posting…
27 Aug, 2008, Cratylus wrote in the 145th comment:
I think there is a disconnect between "Samson is respected" and "Samson confuses
disagreement with disrespect". That disconnect is worth acknowledging and addressing,
and I suspect it is the rhetorical error he's referring to.

The subsequent tangling of "what I meant/what I said" between you guys
is on you two.

-Crat
http://lpmuds.net
27 Aug, 2008, Kayle wrote in the 146th comment:
Um.. It doesn't matter. Agree to disagree and drop it. It's time for everyone to take a step back, cool off and await an administrative decision in regards to the call for moderators, and a sensitive topics forum.
27 Aug, 2008, Zenn wrote in the 147th comment:
Kayle said:
Um.. It doesn't matter. Agree to disagree and drop it. It's time for everyone to take a step back, cool off and await an administrative decision in regards to the call for moderators, and a sensitive topics forum.

Your Dragon can join my Dragon in eating them if they don't take it to PMs.
27 Aug, 2008, David Haley wrote in the 148th comment:
I don't really appreciate being called a liar when I am trying to be conciliatory, and earnestly asking for clarification. But what the hell – here's to dropping it.
27 Aug, 2008, Cratylus wrote in the 149th comment:
Oh…by the way…
27 Aug, 2008, Cratylus wrote in the 150th comment:
150!

-Crat
27 Aug, 2008, Zenn wrote in the 151st comment:
Cratylus said:
Oh…by the way…

Someone code a fakeslay or fakeban command. That would be fun.

EDIT: (Aw, crap, just realized. 150. YOU! :mad:)
27 Aug, 2008, Guest wrote in the 152nd comment:
Cratylus said:
As I understand the garbling:

1) David states that Samson confuses disagreement and disrespect.
2) Samson disagrees.
3) David points to examples of people who profess respect for Samson.
4) Samson points out a logical fallacy.

With a little good faith, this would not have taken very long to iron out.
I suggest we all cool it.

Thank you. At least I know I've not totally lost it yet. You got exactly what I was aiming for.

David said I confuse disagreement with disrespect.
I state there's no evidence for that, or that the claim is invalid.
David refers to post 99 where he says that he doesn't always agree with me, but still respects me.
I point out that's not what his original statement said.
David says that's precisely what he said.
I point out my frustration over the last few months at the same sort of thing happening over and over.

Anyway. I'd say we all need to breathe now. So I'll be doing just that. I've got a city mod in need of attention, and some caffeine to suck down.
27 Aug, 2008, David Haley wrote in the 153rd comment:
I'm sorry, I have to add at this point that nearly every time I have publicly disagreed with you, you say I'm out to bash you and not showing respect. :shrug: That is why I gave myself as an example of somebody whose disagreement you misunderstand for hostility. I sincerely apologize that that was not clear, but I do not think I have reversed any positions.

And, Crat: that's cheating… :wink:
27 Aug, 2008, Guest wrote in the 154th comment:
DavidHaley said:
I'm sorry, I have to add at this point that nearly every time I have publicly disagreed with you, you say I'm out to bash you and not showing respect.

That could well be because everytime you do publicly disagree, you do so in a hostile manner, which comes across as bashing and being disrespectful. Which still has nothing to do with the original statement you made claiming that I simply can't tell the difference between disagreement and disrespect at all.

There have been several incidents where this has happened as a direct result of you posting one thing, getting a response, and appearing to become frustrated that you're being taken the wrong way when there's no way to tell what you meant to say if you didn't post what you meant to begin with. This latest one is just another example of that and how it can rapidly escalate into something it didn't need to be.
27 Aug, 2008, Zenn wrote in the 155th comment:
My dragon will eat you now.

:mad:

27 Aug, 2008, Conner wrote in the 156th comment:
Geez, you people really go crazy sometimes don't you? I mean, 110 posts between my last post yesterday and when I get back today (including the ones that got added while I was trying to read all of them…) And, Hades, I know it's already been said, but, DAMN that was a long post. :lol:

I will say that Samson's right before Kayle's remark to David about that being what he had been waiting to see post shocked me as much as it clearly got the rest of you, but at this point, this thread's clearly beyond need of my contribution. At any rate there's no practical way for me to even consider replying to everything I'd missed, so I'll just watch and see what comes of this call for additional moderators and special forum..

[Edit]Incredible, in the time it took to write that tiny response above, yet another post happened… give the admins a chance to catch up already, will y'all? :lol:
27 Aug, 2008, Zenn wrote in the 157th comment:
Look at how many people are on. They're all hitting reload occasionally, I guarantee you, to monitor the progress of this. S'what I'm doing.

EDIT: In the time it took me to post this, everyone logged off. Probably just to prove me wrong :thinking:
27 Aug, 2008, Conner wrote in the 158th comment:
Zenn said:
Look at how many people are on. They're all hitting reload occasionally, I guarantee you, to monitor the progress of this. S'what I'm doing.

EDIT: In the time it took me to post this, everyone logged off. Probably just to prove me wrong :thinking:

I'm still here, but not to monitor this thread, rather to wade through the posts in the recent list.. y'all went nuts today! :wink:
27 Aug, 2008, Zenn wrote in the 159th comment:
LOOK!? SEE?!?!! Four guests! I wasn't lying! It's a conpsiracy to prove me wrong!!!!

:rolleyes:
27 Aug, 2008, Conner wrote in the 160th comment:
Yeah, that must be it. :wink:
Btw, have a g'nite! *wave*
140.0/215