25 Jul, 2008, The_Fury wrote in the 1st comment:
Votes: 0
Eldhamud is a derivative of Smaug that makes no attempt to retain compatibility with any of Smaugs features. This release of Eldhamud code is in many ways Bare Bones. There is no game content, no areas, classes, races, skills, spells, which leaves the developer open to create content that suits the games theme and saves them time in having to rip out a whole swag of useless code.

A lot of things have been removed, you will not find multiple attacks, polymorph's, vampires and masses of other Smaug code that most people either do not know about or do not use. My design principle in this regard has been if i do not use it, remove it.

Make sure to read the LICENSE document found in /docs as it has changed since last release and it attempts to make clear what you can and cannot do with this software and its Diku roots.

Eldhamud 2.2.5 can be downloaded from http://fury.eldhamud2.org. You will need to sign to the website to gain access to the download files. Bug reports can be posted to the bug tracker and support questions can be asked in the support forum.

Eldhamud 2.2.5 requires Linux to run and gcc4.x is recommended for the compiler. I will not offer support to anyone attempting to make this run in windows, minGW, cygwin or any other non native Linux environment.

The Fury.
26 Jul, 2008, Pedlar wrote in the 2nd comment:
why not up it on Mudbytes?
26 Jul, 2008, The_Fury wrote in the 3rd comment:
why not up it on Mudbytes?

No reason in particular, other than I have a website thats more than capable of serving it up. If i was considering shutting down and quitting the scene i would consider posting my stuff to a repository for posterity.
26 Jul, 2008, David Haley wrote in the 4th comment:
The_Fury said:
You will need to sign to the website to gain access to the download files.

Err, why? That seems like an unnecessary barrier to casual downloading…
26 Jul, 2008, Davion wrote in the 5th comment:
There's is no Eldhamud anywhere on our site, and there wont be. Issues with the admin have caused us to look at eldhamud as unwanted material. Any eldhamud submissions would be rejected.
26 Jul, 2008, David Haley wrote in the 6th comment:
Seems like a somewhat unfortunate situation to me. :thinking:
26 Jul, 2008, The_Fury wrote in the 7th comment:
DavidHaley said:
The_Fury said:
You will need to sign to the website to gain access to the download files.

Err, why? That seems like an unnecessary barrier to casual downloading…

Yeah i guess so, but its not something that will ever be high demand, so for the 1 or 2 people that may actually want to take a look at it with view to maybe using it, it will not be much of a hindrance, especially when that also gives them access to the support forums and the like. For those, who like me, like to have a collection of bases on hand as a ready reference guild, this base will not be much of an inspiration, its not like i'm a great coder or have done anything revolutionary at all.
26 Jul, 2008, Pedlar wrote in the 8th comment:
*gets the feeling this will end badly :P
26 Jul, 2008, The_Fury wrote in the 9th comment:
For anyone who wishes to continue the discussion on how past events have unfolded, they can do so with me in private via email. I have no intention of digging up old wounds and past events that are no longer relevant and airing them in public. The past is past, time to move on.
0.0/9