25 Jul, 2008, kiasyn wrote in the 21st comment:
Votes: 0
i'm looking at the possibility of opening up megabots api to the public. just not sure how id let people develop with it yet. :)
25 Jul, 2008, Kayle wrote in the 22nd comment:
No idea. I'd just like the bots we have now to work without error before we go adding more though. :P I think I need to revisit the list of problems first posted and give a updated list. I think I've found a few more since the original post. Hmm.. I'll do that now.

Chaos -
It doesn't keep track of who gets how many answers.
Doesn't total answers, and find a winner.
Doesn't find an overall winner.
Round is spelled wrong in the round closing announcement.
Doesn't announce overall or final round winners just ends the game.
Tosses scores and hints while not running.

Trivia -
If round ends close to the 60 second time limit you get the answered question message and then the time expiration message.
Tosses Scores and hints while not running.
Doesn't announce a winner.

Uno -
Dunno if this is a bug or not, but you can play actual cards after a wild, instead of just specifying a color you can do !play WD4 GD2 and it'll work. I think it should probably just take a color not a card.
[Edit:] It also seems to skip people occasionally. Not frequent, it just happens some time.

Bot in general -
Google and Dictionary bots should not respond if Chaos and Trivia are running.
Only one game should be able to run at once. It's kinda frustrating to be in the middle of one game and have someone start another one while yours is going.
25 Jul, 2008, kiasyn wrote in the 23rd comment:
Kayle said:
Bot in general -
Google and Dictionary bots should not respond if Chaos and Trivia are running.

this won't change.
25 Jul, 2008, Guest wrote in the 24th comment:
Suggestion re: Google/Dictionary

Using either while a game is running should throw out the question unanswered and not reveal what the answer is. It's too easy to cheat otherwise since there's no penalty to openly Googling during play.
25 Jul, 2008, David Haley wrote in the 25th comment:
Could we move the requests off of ichat maybe? :wink:

I'm also not sure how much more functionality the bot needs. It's definitely cool, yes, but it's also something of a novelty; we shouldn't ask Kiasyn to put so much work into something that'll get used for a week or two. Also, I'm not sure that IMC is necessarily the best venue. I don't log on to see a bunch of people playing games or making search queries… (the former problem is solved by having all of that on a separate channel)
25 Jul, 2008, Kayle wrote in the 26th comment:
The games are played on a different channel
the Google/dictionary bots respond on any channel.
25 Jul, 2008, Guest wrote in the 27th comment:
The games are already all on a separate channel though. If you don't want to hear it, turn it off? When I'm logged in that's what I do unless I want to join a game.
25 Jul, 2008, Kayle wrote in the 28th comment:
[07/24 20:38] [game] Trivia@MegaBot: (09/10) Next question! Question is 'What color is mary poppin's umbrella?'. 60 seconds to answer.
[07/24 20:38] [game] Kayle@MW: White
[07/24 20:38] [game] Scoyn@MW: black
[07/24 20:38] [game] Trivia@MegaBot: Scoyn@MW was correct! The answer was 'black'
[07/24 20:38] [game] Trivia@MegaBot: Next question in 15 seconds.
[07/24 20:39] [game] Khoryna@MW: rofl
[07/24 20:39] [game] Khoryna@MW: i cant do both at once!
[07/24 20:39] [game] Trivia@MegaBot: (10/10) Next question! Question is 'Where is Dam Square'. 60 seconds to answer.
[07/24 20:39] [game] Khoryna@MW: England
[07/24 20:39] [game] Scoyn@MW: !hint
[07/24 20:39] [game] Trivia@MegaBot: Hint: *********
[07/24 20:39] [game] Khoryna@MW: europe
[07/24 20:39] [game] Marlin@Azereth: in the dam town
[07/24 20:39] [game] Khoryna@MW: ROFL MARLIN
[07/24 20:39] [game] Kayle@MW: Amsterdam
[07/24 20:39] [game] Trivia@MegaBot: Kayle@MW was correct! The answer was 'Amsterdam'
[07/24 20:39] [game] Trivia@MegaBot: Game over!
[07/24 20:39] [game] Khoryna@MW: grr
[07/24 20:40] [game] Trivia@MegaBot: Sorry, time up! Game over!

To demonstrate what I mean when they don't end correctly.
25 Jul, 2008, Guest wrote in the 29th comment:
[inews] MUDBytes@MegaBot: [IMC2 Support and Discussion] MegaBot Problems [Kayle] (http://www.mudbytes.net/index.php?a=topi...)

News bot is botching URLs - the & isn't being converted properly to a useable URL.
25 Jul, 2008, kiasyn wrote in the 30th comment:
noted, i actually had this working then broke it some how lol
25 Jul, 2008, David Haley wrote in the 31st comment:
Kayle, Samson, I'm glad I pointed out that it's already solved by being on another channel… :wink:
25 Jul, 2008, kiasyn wrote in the 32nd comment:
I got a (real) bug tracker. Yay!

Report any more bugs for MegaBot at:
http://bugs.kiasyn.com/megabot
25 Jul, 2008, David Haley wrote in the 33rd comment:
WTH are all those cookies that the bug tracker tries to set? GetFirefox, NoMicrosoft, UseLinux, VisitAU, etc.?? I've never seen such cookie names before… :wink:
26 Jul, 2008, Guest wrote in the 34th comment:
kiasyn said:
I got a (real) bug tracker. Yay!

Report any more bugs for MegaBot at:
http://bugs.kiasyn.com/megabot

How about if we report the fact that registering doesn't allow us to report bugs!
26 Jul, 2008, David Haley wrote in the 35th comment:
He said to report all bugs in the bug tracker, Samson. So you're doing it in the right place here. :tongue:
26 Jul, 2008, Guest wrote in the 36th comment:
Well until he fixes it I'm going to report them where I can before I forget:

I don't think it's appropriate for MegaBot to be handing out email addresses in inews announcements from here or any other site.
26 Jul, 2008, David Haley wrote in the 37th comment:
Woah… what kind of email addresses is it handing out, and where is it getting them? I agree, this is something it really shouldn't be doing.
26 Jul, 2008, Conner wrote in the 38th comment:
I believe that he meant that it's doing things like this:
megabot said:
[inews] MUDBytes@MegaBot: [General Chatter] ANN Eldhamud_2.2.5 Code Release [DavionKalhen@gmail.com (Davion)] (http://www.mudbytes.net/index.php?a=topi...)
26 Jul, 2008, Guest wrote in the 39th comment:
Yes, what Conner said. Davion may be tagged public here, but I don't think MegaBot needs to be harvesting that information regardless. Even if it is part of the RSS feed and is easily obtained by visiting the site.
26 Jul, 2008, David Haley wrote in the 40th comment:
Hmph. Yes, definitely agreed.
20.0/51