13 Jun, 2008, Rojan QDel wrote in the 1st comment:
Votes: 0
Can anyone suggest a free HTML documentation generator that supports C?
13 Jun, 2008, Midboss wrote in the 2nd comment:
Hmm… Well, there's notepad…
13 Jun, 2008, Conner wrote in the 3rd comment:
If we must go with Windows, you could use editpad instead of notepad… personally, I kinda like gedit under Linux, but even VIM has a Windows port… :tongue:
13 Jun, 2008, The_Fury wrote in the 4th comment:
Can anyone suggest a free HTML documentation generator that supports C?

Are you meaning something like Doxygen in Linux that outputs documentation for your code? Or a code editor that has both html and C parsing?

Doxygen can run under windows natively http://www.stack.nl/~dimitri/doxygen/dow... for the latest package.

From the Doxygen website:
Doxygen is a documentation system for C++, C, Java, Objective-C, Python, IDL (Corba and Microsoft flavors), Fortran, VHDL, PHP, C#, and to some extent D.

It can help you in three ways:

1. It can generate an on-line documentation browser (in HTML) and/or an off-line reference manual (in $\mbox{\LaTeX}$) from a set of documented source files. There is also support for generating output in RTF (MS-Word), PostScript, hyperlinked PDF, compressed HTML, and Unix man pages. The documentation is extracted directly from the sources, which makes it much easier to keep the documentation consistent with the source code.
2. You can configure doxygen to extract the code structure from undocumented source files. This is very useful to quickly find your way in large source distributions. You can also visualize the relations between the various elements by means of include dependency graphs, inheritance diagrams, and collaboration diagrams, which are all generated automatically.
3. You can even `abuse' doxygen for creating normal documentation (as I did for this manual).
14 Jun, 2008, Rojan QDel wrote in the 5th comment:
I'm sorry, I meant an HTML doc generator. Doxygen is alright, I've tried it. I was just wondering about alternatives.
14 Jun, 2008, The_Fury wrote in the 6th comment:
As for alternatives, it would turn out that wikipedia is again the savour of the world. take a look at this page to see a comparison of many free and not so free tools.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_...
16 Jun, 2008, Rojan QDel wrote in the 7th comment:
Aye, I saw that too. I was wondering more what sort of apps the MUD community used. But thanks.
16 Jun, 2008, The_Fury wrote in the 8th comment:
I cannot really speak for others, but i personally do not use anything. I think Tyche uses rdoc for his ruby code as i have seen some pretty good output on his website. Other than that you might need to frame the question in such a way as to invite others to comment.
0.0/8