06 Apr, 2008, David Haley wrote in the 21st comment:
Votes: 0
Kjwah, his signature is more than twice the size of mine, and a whole lot more obtrusive. He has a large text chunk (more lines than mine) followed by a large image. My signature is also quite smaller than his image in terms of pixel size, but that could always be a factor of fonts and font sizes. (On my screen, my signature is less than half the size.)

EDIT: also, I am arguing with respect to the whole signature size. Not only is the signature very big, but about half of it is completely irrelevant to the site theme. It would be like somebody putting up World of Warcraft player stats.

Zeno said:
My point being this site forum is not solely for MUD discussion.

Maybe if we had per sub-forum signatures this argument would make a little more sense. :wink: Note that "general chatter" is the only non-MUD sub-forum on the whole site, with the possible exception of the web-application section.

I'd appreciate it if the admins could give some opinions or guidelines for acceptable signatures. One user in particular has been responsible for several complaints, and several admin interventions, so perhaps it would be easier for some kind of policy to be established.
07 Apr, 2008, Davion wrote in the 22nd comment:
The size of images in a signature is a noted problem and we have a fix for it, just, not for the live site yet. As for his signature… I think it's fine (the images is a bit big and could be scaled down.) Bare with us till we bring the fix over!
07 Apr, 2008, Zenn wrote in the 23rd comment:

You seem to like attacking me at every chance you get.

WTF does it matter if I put an American flag on my blog or something not directly related to MUDs in my sig?

Leave me alone :P
20.0/23