27 Sep, 2007, Kayle wrote in the 21st comment:
Votes: 0
Well, The ItemStats isn't exactly my work. It was an external mod for other forum portals that I worked around and got working with QSFP, of course after I'd start fiddling with it Kjwah posted over on the QSFP site, how he got it working, and that gave me a bit of an idea how to get it to work for me. Now the raid progression is going to be a little bit more work, as it currently is just modifying the html directly there's no interface. Before I release it, I'd like to at least get an interface built for it. And I think I'll need to streamline the itemstats stuff, as its kindof a large setup. I think the ItemStats base setup is something like 5 meg.
27 Sep, 2007, Conner wrote in the 22nd comment:
Samson said:
Heh. Well. Instead of waiting for "someone" to come up with them…. :)

Personally I hate karma/rep mods the most. They're probably the most useless and abused mods on any forum. Your description of cash mod sounds just as pointless :P

Either way, this is a classic example of "if you want it, build it". Board scripts don't get mods out of thin air, someone had to write them at some point. Just like muds don't get a playerbase out of nothing. It has to be built up.

I'll have to see what I can do about that then when I get back from the trip I'm leaving on in the morning.. I know I've seen such modlets for other forums software.. <ready for the "fameous last words"?> how hard can it be to adapt one of them to QSFP? :tongue:

Of course it's pointless, the idea is to give people a form of encouragement to post more, which naturally tends to mean posting less quality, but it does mean the board appears more active which encourages others to register.. *shrug*
16 Oct, 2007, Brinson wrote in the 23rd comment:
I was wondering why alot of the features here on mudbytes haven't been implimented into QSF portal yet. Is it all part of a plan for QSF 2? The articles mod here is -really- well done. I also think the Mud List section could be used by alot of people as a link bank. In fact, if it were relatively easy to add fields to the input it could be used for basically anything. Muds, Websites, anything, really.

Also, mudbytes has a much nicer menu layout than a default install of QSF portal. I've heard a mention somewhere (might be in this thread, I'm too lazy to search through :-p) of QSF Portal 2. Is that what this is? Stable releases not catching up with development?

After using mudbytes and then installing QSF Portal, I was a little disappointed. Mudbytes is much nicer in my opinion. Mainly because I'm not much a fan of the default QSF Portal theme, though I have to admit the Ashlander Skin looks sweet.

When can we expect all the neat things on the mudbytes site to be availble in a QSF Portal?

Also, how backwards compatible are the mods/skins? Would there be difficulty getting a MB mod/skin to work in QSF portal?

I'm designing a site at the moment for which my target audience is a bit different than I usually deal with and I'm seriously considering using QSF Portal over mkportal (which I use alot) for many reasons, but if QSF Portal 2 is soon coming, I might would just wait. I don't know how to use SVN clients, maybe I'll have to try and download one and see what its all about.
16 Oct, 2007, Guest wrote in the 24th comment:
I'll go out on somewhat of a limb here and say I don't have any great love for either of the default QSF or QSFP skins. For my own purposes I obviously favor my Ashlander skin. And yes, I happen to like the MudBytes layout pretty well too, despite being heavily plagued by HTML tables.

I hadn't ever really thought about the mudlist module turning into something more generic like a link bank. But that's not a bad idea.
The articles code going public has been discussed but I'm not 100% sure it should be stock. Not everyone would have need of it so it would probably be better as an add-on module.
Davion also has a photo gallery working but I don't remember if he had plans to release that.

Skins for MercuryBoard and Quicksilver Forums can be installed into QSF Portal, but the end results may not be all that great since the imported skin would need to undergo an upgrade to add missing templates. Those missing templates have to come from somewhere, so the package default skin is usually where they're taken from.

QSFP 2.0 is a long term project. The structure and operation of the whole codebase is being revamped in parallel with work being done on the QSF 2.0 core. It's not going to be done anytime soon, and will be requiring at least PHP 5.2.0 due to some of the features it's going to depend on. I'd like to rework the skin and template system somehow so that doing upgrades isn't such a pain in the ass, and we're also adding in support for more databases such as postgre and mysqli. There's also going to be plugin support, which we technically don't have now.
16 Oct, 2007, Davion wrote in the 25th comment:
Brinson said:
I was wondering why alot of the features here on mudbytes haven't been implimented into QSF portal yet. Is it all part of a plan for QSF 2?

Alot of the features you see on MudBytes and not QSFP have been held back for one reason or another.

Brinson said:
The articles mod here is -really- well done. I also think the Mud List section could be used by alot of people as a link bank. In fact, if it were relatively easy to add fields to the input it could be used for basically anything. Muds, Websites, anything, really.

Well, the Articles mod may function well but muddling through that code seems to be a task only I'm willing to do. It is on the list for things to add to QSFP though, I just have to get around to plugging it into it. Recently I've been expanding the Articles section to help with documentation of code submitted to the site, so we'll see how far away that drifts it from being a stand alone mod.

Brinson said:
When can we expect all the neat things on the mudbytes site to be availble in a QSF Portal?

It's time permitting I guess. Somethings will probably never make it to the QSFP base. Like things that use 3rd party libs (archive viewer, and pastebin).

Brinson said:
Also, how backwards compatible are the mods/skins? Would there be difficulty getting a MB mod/skin to work in QSF portal?

Haha, this is one of those "you don't know till you try" questions, but I don't think it'd be as easy as plugging it in and watching it play. Some of us at MudBytes like to edit the core code to get the desired reaction. (such as being able to set default redirect time on the message's) so even if things 'plugin' they may not function as originally intended. The default QSFP releases and MudBytes have drifted pretty far apart.

Brinson said:
I'm designing a site at the moment for which my target audience is a bit different than I usually deal with and I'm seriously considering using QSF Portal over mkportal (which I use alot) for many reasons, but if QSF Portal 2 is soon coming, I might would just wait. I don't know how to use SVN clients, maybe I'll have to try and download one and see what its all about.

I'm pretty sure QSFP2 is largly dependant on when the actual quicksilver forums will release v2. Samson will know for sure. If you're planning on starting a new site, I'd say go for it with QSFP. The flexability it gives is awesome. I don't think there's anything (web related) you couldn't do with this code without huge modifications (if any at all). As for SVN… nothing hurt by learning, but all getting access to SVN will do is let you get the most recent releases, no actual version 2 in the SVN repository, I'm afraid, just your most recent bug changes ;). Also, if you really feel a burn to develop, you're more than welcome to attempt to get a module or two from here to work with QSFP :) just PM or something.
16 Oct, 2007, Guest wrote in the 26th comment:
Davion said:
I'm pretty sure QSFP2 is largly dependant on when the actual quicksilver forums will release v2. Samson will know for sure.

There's no strict rule that says this will happen, but I usually try to keep things generally in sync, like when the new skins were launched.

QSFP 2.0 is in the repository in the trunk directory, but it's nowhere near what I'd consider safe to use in production. At least not yet anyway.
19 Dec, 2022, двери купе цена wrote in the 27th comment:
I <3 php!
16 Apr, 2023, омг ссылка сайт wrote in the 28th comment:
-

Hi
20.0/28