02 Oct, 2016, MasterBlaster wrote in the 1st comment:
Votes: 0
Good Afternoon,

I know in the past there was an issue where the the site had to be reconstructed from the database and in so doing things weren't easily searchable. Is there any updates on that?

Maybe I'm using a bad browser to use the site, I use Chrome. But I still have a super hard time navigating the site and finding anything in the files is playing catch me find me as you scroll down instead of being able to search for what you want. I can't even see the forum categories they are hidden it appears underneath the title graphic of home forum files muds pate wiki profile. So I just clicked on what looked like a link and ended up in general chatter. I see people posting in forums though so they may have a better way to view this website then I?

I have uploaded 2 files since I have been here and I think no one has ever seen them, because if you go to the categories they were listed at they are not there at least I can't find them. Unless I go to my profile itself and look at the files I uploaded.

I used to love mudbytes, back when it was a forums type of site. Anyway sorry if I seem like I'm dissing on the site now, the fact that it is here is certainly better then not being here. Is there a secret to navigating this site that I don't know?

Full disclosure - I previously cried about this here… http://www.mudbytes.net/forum/comment/71...

Thanks for your time.

Here's an idea if your interested, I think if you went back to the old QSF Portal you modified that let people upload files too. And just told everyone to re-upload their files it would fix the navigation issues. It would take time to get all the files back up, but I think the community would get it done. Anyway, my last post about it. I'll move on. LoL.
02 Oct, 2016, Rhien wrote in the 2nd comment:
The files portion needs a search feature to be user friendly and usefull, I have a search box on my view of that screen it doesn't do anything. The tag based browse is Ok but it would be nice to search by keyword (or even by a line of code).
03 Oct, 2016, MasterBlaster wrote in the 3rd comment:
The files being searchable would be sweet, but I can't even use the forums as they were designed. I can't see the categories with this layout, I can only use the General Chatter forum. The links are covered up by the the navigation bar for me. It's not a option or it would've been done I'm sure, but I'd just start over with fresh uploads and posts, delete it all. Having a half-functioning site that gives you a headache trying to find something isn't worth preserving old data, in my opinion.

Rhien said:
The files portion needs a search feature to be user friendly and usefull, I have a search box on my view of that screen it doesn't do anything. The tag based browse is Ok but it would be nice to search by keyword (or even by a line of code).
0.0/3