07 Aug, 2016, Hades_Kane wrote in the 1st comment:
Votes: 0
In my search for something somewhat unrelated, I ran across one of the biggest drama threads that ever struck MB from around November of 2007… and I was like "Geez, it's been almost 10 years since all that happened, huh?"

Then I realized that MudBytes turned 10 this year.

Crazy huh?

Happy belated 10th birthday, MudBytes!
08 Aug, 2016, Tijer wrote in the 2nd comment:
if i remember right.. mudbytes was started in may 2006 or may 2006 after some crap occurred over on mudmagic…
08 Aug, 2016, Hades_Kane wrote in the 3rd comment:
Yeah that's about right. Davion's register date is May 14 and it would stand to reason that would reflect the time the site opened. Mine is May 31st and I know I was one of the earliest adopters of the site, so it was definitely live before the end of May.

I don't recall if it was specifically forum drama from MudMagic, or the split with Kyndig and his wife and the subsequent closing of the code repository, or a combination of both.

I don't know why it struck me so differently that MB has been open for a year now, vs. how long I've been working on EoT… but yeah.
09 Aug, 2016, Davion wrote in the 4th comment:
Votes: 1
Wow! It has been, hasn't it? Thanks for this.
10 Aug, 2016, Tijer wrote in the 5th comment:
my date of registration is may 26th 2006 :) so i been around longer than you hades_kane (by 5 days!! :P)
10 Aug, 2016, Hades_Kane wrote in the 6th comment:
My recollection had the site being up for a week or two before I registered, so that's about right :p

Its weird to think where I was, with regards to developing at the time… I was really JUST getting my feet wet with regards to coding and developing the game from that perspective. It was as recent as October of 2005 that EoT had been brought back up from its dormant state where I was working with a team, and at that point I decided to give it a go with me at the helm. At first, no bigger aspirations than just having my own little box to build in and make some changes to the world, and then later making some simple tweaks in the code (color, messaging, and basic aesthetic changes).

For several years, I had a list going where I dated completed projects… Looks like at this time I had just completed a month earlier changing our character creation (and just a couple of months later completed the merit/flaw system) which were probably my first two larger scale changes. Just days earlier (May 25th) I had complete the largest city we have in the game (Junon) which also concluded a 4 month period of one of the most productive area building times of my entire time as a MUDer. It looks like afterwards, my focus shifted much more heavily into code related things, whether it be adding in systems myself, or doing a lot of the prep work and other repetitive, boring tasks to help Midboss along with many of his sweeping, large scale changes he made throughout the MUD (while at the same time, him helping me learn my way around to complete things on my own, as well).

Sometimes its crazy to think how far its come since this point in time, while at the same time I can't help but to feel like it should be further along :p
11 Aug, 2016, quixadhal wrote in the 7th comment:
<Butthead voice>
Huh, huh, huh, we're OLD!
</voice>
11 Sep, 2016, Fizban_ wrote in the 8th comment:
January 8 2007 for my original account (forgot the password it), so guess I was a bit of a late adopter, not hit my 10th anniversary yet.
12 Sep, 2016, Hades_Kane wrote in the 9th comment:
Votes: 1
I'm pretty sure Davion can reset the password for you. A couple other people have ran into the password issue since the site software switch, too.
19 Sep, 2016, Fizban wrote in the 10th comment:
Hades_Kane said:
I'm pretty sure Davion can reset the password for you. A couple other people have ran into the password issue since the site software switch, too.

He was able to, back on this account now.

EDIT: Oh, uhh, that's weird. I don't think I "forgot" my password afterall. Just logged into http://live.mudbytes.net/index.php with my old password, the same one that told me it was wrong on this version of the site.
20 Sep, 2016, Tijer wrote in the 11th comment:
pretty certain when the site switched you had to request a new password… i may be mistaking this with TMC tho.. :)
20 Sep, 2016, Davion wrote in the 12th comment:
Ya, the password hash from the other site doesn't match this one so there's no way we could get a positive match on your password. Usually the problem is people aren't using the same email they were when they signed up 9-10 years ago.
21 Sep, 2016, Hades_Kane wrote in the 13th comment:
Lol, shoulda seen me trying to remember my AIM password when I had to redownload Trillian a little while back after I switched PCs after 10 years…

The email associated with that account was a prodigy.net email address I haven't had access to since probably 1998, but thankfully for me I was terrible with password security back then and I still remembered my really short, totally insecure password I used back then (so basically, my email address acted as my password reminder).
0.0/13