18 Jan, 2015, Draun wrote in the 1st comment:
Votes: 0
It's probably something very obvious that I'm missing, but I can't figure out how to create an implementor character on the Asgardian Nightmare codebase

Anyone know? I looked around in the code and saw that the max level was 110. Setting a character to level 110 made them an immortal, but they had wiz commands.
18 Jan, 2015, Omega wrote in the 2nd comment:
You need to set the trust to 110, and security to 9 if I remember correctly.
19 Jan, 2015, Draun wrote in the 3rd comment:
No luck there. I even dug around in the code for a bit and added "Imsk advance goto wizhelp~" to see if I could manually add those abilities.
19 Jan, 2015, Tijer wrote in the 4th comment:
The skills on that mud are granted, so you wont get access until you give yourself the skills in pfile.

In pfile Search for the first AchM 0 and above that paste in -

Grant 'grant' -1

Then search for grant_duration in act_wiz.c and change to the names you want to be able to grant if they dont have the skill…

if (is_exact_name(ch->name, "xxx") || is_exact_name(ch->name, "xxx"))
return -1;

Then you will be able to grant yourself the commands by level ie grant self 102, 103, 104 etc etc… and they will appear on wizhelp.

With the above change you probably wont have to manually edit the pfile.. but that was what i did first.. :)
19 Jan, 2015, khyldes wrote in the 5th comment:
The easier method is to go into interp.c and find the grant command, change the level to use from ML to 1 then login. Use grant self 101, 102, 103 etc. until you have all the groups you want then change the level of grant back to ML.
20 Jan, 2015, Tijer wrote in the 6th comment:
actually… the grant_duration is_exact_name check allows you to grant yourself imm powers, if you dont they dont stick to pfile….
20 Jan, 2015, khyldes wrote in the 7th comment:
I haven't had a problem with imm powers sticking with the pfile using the method I described above. Played with AN quite a few times over the years and have created a number of immortal characters without any negative affects.

It's a pretty sloppy system in the first place for creating an admin, should just be rewritten.
0.0/7