10 Aug, 2007, Hades_Kane wrote in the 21st comment:
Votes: 0
Midboss said:
Since Diablos probably won't brag about End of Time's features, I'll do it for him!

10 Aug, 2007, Kayle wrote in the 22nd comment:
Hmm.

Most prominent features of my code…

Uh…

Summon Familiar/Call Companion spell/skills. - Allows Mages/Druids, to summon pets that fight along side them, the pet they get depends on a few things, for mages: level, alignment, deity(support in but currently commented out because of the lack of deities). For Druids, it depends on deity, and the sector type they're standing in.

Full Arena support - Varied arenas can be used, wins acculmulate arena points, which will eventually be redeemable for Gear.

Full Freeze Tag support - Varied arenas can be used. Just a for fun kinda thing.

And my latest Almost completed cool thing:

Revamped Weather system - Weather system redo, utilizing a influence map to determine changes in weather on a full world scale, areas are assigned coordinates on a 300x300 grid map to receive their weather information, Weather is tied to the seasons so there will be no snow in the summer, or crazy heatwaves in the winter, the calender and all the time information is settable and time and weather persists over reboots. And i've probably missed a bunch of it, but oh well. More features will be added, and the System will be released for Smaug Muds and their derivatives.
11 Aug, 2007, Exodus wrote in the 23rd comment:
And this is going to be released to the community, yes? :P
That's probably one of the major things with SMAUG that nobody has released yet.
11 Aug, 2007, Guest wrote in the 24th comment:
Yes, I believe the intent is for the new weather code to be released. Either as a snippet or as a replacement for the existing SmaugFUSS weather code.

I assume that's one of the major things nobody has done for Smaug?
11 Aug, 2007, Kayle wrote in the 25th comment:
Yes, the weather system will be released for the FUSS Project, and with a little coaxing, as a snippet as well.

The only forseeable problem that I can think of would be a bit of a lack of real backwards compatibility with some of the older smaug releases (1.0, 1.2, etc). In theory it should work fine, but theory and reality are often two vastly different things.
12 Aug, 2007, Vladaar wrote in the 26th comment:
One thing is for sure….

Conner at Land of legends, should be applauded, for his attention to detail in remembering and listing all the snippets he has ever added to his mud. That's outstanding. I know most of us, could rattle off a good number of them on our muds, but man that's a lot of snippets and credits given in the list.

Great job,

Vladaar
12 Aug, 2007, Conner wrote in the 27th comment:
Thanks, Vladaar, I hope that the list is accurate and complete, I try to remember to add each one to my in-game help snippets entry (which, over the years, has grown to include a help snippets2 entry as well), but I suspect that there may be one or two that I've missed over the years, but I really do try to make every effort to give full credit even for authors who don't ask for it, of course for those who ask for it to be given in specific ways, it's given there too. :wink:
19 Aug, 2007, Guest wrote in the 28th comment:
One more thing we've done on Alsherok that I just expanded on:

Help files are all in a database table. I've written a module for QSFP as a companion to that to be able to list, edit, create, or delete helps from the website. The website will generate links to related entries as specified when editing or creating.

See it in action: http://www.smaugmuds.org/index.php?a=afk...

I'll eventually snippetize the C++ code the MUD will need to work with it. And the QSFP module will be released alongside to go with it.
19 Aug, 2007, Conner wrote in the 29th comment:
That's very cool, Samson.. now I need to figure out how to do that too. :lol:
Do you just have three fields for each entry, (level, keywords, and entry) and/or do you have a field for each keyword, and/or fields for "see also" references, and/or fields for syntax seperately, and/or..?
I think it'd be really neat if the web side could also use the same coloring as the in-game helps, though I suppose for the web site side of things you could probably reduce the helps down to all being either mortal (public) or immortal levels to reduce the need to break your forum users down by character level…
19 Aug, 2007, Guest wrote in the 30th comment:
The db table has 5 fields right now:

help_id - For obvious reasons :)
help_keyword - The keywords which can be used to bring the entry up in-game.
help_level - The in-game level for the helpfile.
help_text - The detailed text for the entry.
help_related - What generates the "see also" links. It's just a comma separated list of keywords.

Hit up the "O" index, then click on overland. I've already covered converting the in-game color tags. It isn't perfect but it hasn't broken anything yet. Then head over to "B" and look at Balzhur :)

I was just thinking I might need another field to mark it as "web hidden" so that some things can be blocked from being visible on the website. That would be easy enough to throw in though.
19 Aug, 2007, Conner wrote in the 31st comment:
I'd wondered whether the keywords would all just be one big field or a whole slew of little fields, but I was never really certain how'd it work in practice. And yuo're right, I forgot about an index field (the id field) altogether.

:lol: You even got the flashing eyes! :smile:

Well, on my (QSFP based, of course) mud forums, all my staff are designated as members of either the immortals group or the high immortals group (depending on their level in-game) already, so telling the database that entries with help level >= 51 only get displayed to those two groups ought to be relatively simple, but I suppose it could just as easily be done by assigning a "web hidden" flag of some sort rather than going off the level field of the entry itself. *shrug* (I really don't know mysql or PHP well enough to know for sure how easy/hard setting up a filter through the PHP to handle it would be.)
19 Aug, 2007, Splork wrote in the 32nd comment:
At it gets harder to come up with new ideas, we seem to spend quite a bit of time tying our website to the game itself through live blogs, world maps showing live movement of our players, etc.

slothmud III webpage
Dyna map
sloth blog
top 20 lists
game helps

Some of our more interesting features are:
# Astrological event system(complete solar system simulator with 4 other planets)
# Unique and well thought out magic system (Seven layers of Strata- Channeling, Shaping, Summoning, Healing, Enhancement, Necromancy)
# Full MXP support(help files, objects, rooms, exits, compass, etc)
# Continuous Regeneration System
# Customizable prompts-over 25,000 possible prompts to choose from
# Time, and astrologically spawned mobs creating dynamic world resets
# Dynamic World Map-showing real time movement of our players
# Mob lairs and caches(creatures hide and protect their treasures)
# Full clan support(clan channels, boards, etc)
# Global boards and player mail( ship items to fellow players, write letters,
post news stories for everyone to see, etc)
# Dynamic map of Newbatia and Newbie school (watch yourself move around town,
or help yourself find your guilds)
# Multi-Classing from 9 diverse classes including a unique and highly coveted Avatar class
# Five Continents & Three Islands

* Newbie only Continent
* High level only Continent

# Over 400 skills and spells
# Unique vault system
# Dynamic Channels

* Newbie Channel
* Auction Channel
* Gossip Channel
* Player created channels

# Combat Arenas for those who enjoy Player vs Player
# Avatar Meta Shop
# Forging, Enchanting, brewing, trading
# Weekly top 20 lists posted on web site including total exp, deaths, and gold
# Live continent boards listing the top 25 most deadly creatures of that continent
# MUDL - A one of a kind internal programming language that allows Immortals to continually create a dynamic and challenging experience.
20.0/32