04 Jul, 2008, Zeno wrote in the 21st comment:
Votes: 0
Davion said:
Zeno said:
Blarg.

Fx is not going to fix this. We need to find a workaround.

Got any suggestions?

Can you explain how to reproduce this in plain HTML so I can try it myself and tinker with it?
04 Jul, 2008, Davion wrote in the 22nd comment:
Kayle said:
Zeno: Just tested it with Fx3, and I still get the extra space where it should show more of the displayed file.
I used this file to test it, and my Fx3 displays it without error up until line 2029. then it all goes black a little into line 2030. So no, it doesn't appear to be fixed. =/

Very strange. Just opened that file up in firefox, and it goes all the way to line 4092. No bug… might be a windows/Fx thing.

Zeno said:
Can you explain how to reproduce this in plain HTML so I can try it myself and tinker with it?

Reproduce what in plain html, exactly?
04 Jul, 2008, Guest wrote in the 23rd comment:
Zeno said:
Davion said:
Zeno said:
Blarg.

Fx is not going to fix this. We need to find a workaround.

Got any suggestions?

Right click on the output, view source, save the source locally. Assuming Firefox hasn't butchered the actual source you got you should be able to fiddle with it that way. I find it rather irritating that this bug has been reported to them repeatedly but they've decided not to fix it. A real shame because there's plenty of other places where this same thing happens.
05 Jul, 2008, Zeno wrote in the 24th comment:
The fix is apparently:
removing both overflow:auto rules fixes it
06 Jul, 2008, Guest wrote in the 25th comment:
That's because the bug is in Firefox's CSS implementation. That's been pretty well established for quite some time, but they refuse to fix it. In some respects they're becoming as bad as Microsoft about admitting they've got a problem and instead adding crap nobody really wanted or cared about.
06 Jul, 2008, David Haley wrote in the 26th comment:
Is it actually a true bug in their standard implementation, or is it a case of respecting the standards so strongly that odd/undesirable behavior results? It wouldn't be the first time that something worked in less standards-compliant browsers but didn't in Firefox.
06 Jul, 2008, Guest wrote in the 27th comment:
It's a true bug in their implementation. I reported it myself last year, and a year before that, when 2.0 was in development. They acknowledged it, but I can't find the bug number anymore and from what Zeno is describing it sound like they've marked it "wontfix" for some reason. Even though it's their bug.
06 Jul, 2008, Zeno wrote in the 28th comment:
06 Jul, 2008, Guest wrote in the 29th comment:
Yep, looks like the same problem. Perhaps the fact that it gets duped so often should be taken as a sign of a problem needing fixing instead of ignoring.
06 Jul, 2008, Conner wrote in the 30th comment:
But where's the fun in that?? :rolleyes:
07 Jul, 2008, Davion wrote in the 31st comment:

Perfect! I didn't know exactly what the bug was, but perhaps I can fix it now. Just have to find an alternative to overflow:auto that doesn't totally mess up the pastebin.
17 Aug, 2008, Guest wrote in the 32nd comment:
Someone over at Mozilla is cleaning up old bug reports again. https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cg... was just closed as a duplicate of 215055 so it's not being completely ignored anymore :)

Knowing their tactics though this isn't a sign they intend to fix it. They're just tired of seeing so many open bugs. The sweep out "duplicates" as a means to say they're resolving issues.
Random Picks
20.0/32