23 Jul, 2007, Zeno wrote in the 21st comment:
Votes: 0
Okay! :D

Spoiler
Lots of people die (Lupin, Madeye, etc), but none of the main characters (Ron, Harry, etc). Harry grows up, marries Ginny, has 3 kids. Ron marries Hermione and has kids. Deathly Hallows are 3 ultimate artifacts (a wand, a ring, and the cloak).
24 Jul, 2007, Darwin wrote in the 22nd comment:
For those of you with the book, try reading it again as if for the first time and skip pages 643 to 674. That's the experience my girlfriend had with her book. For some odd reason it had a HUGE misprint in it as it went from pages 1 to 642 then repeated pages 611 to 642 and then continued on starting at page 675. Pages 643 through 674 were completely missing from the entire book.

You cannot imagine how upset she was because those missing pages totally ruined the ending for her.
24 Jul, 2007, Conner wrote in the 23rd comment:
Darwin said:
For those of you with the book, try reading it again as if for the first time and skip pages 643 to 674. That's the experience my girlfriend had with her book. For some odd reason it had a HUGE misprint in it as it went from pages 1 to 642 then repeated pages 611 to 642 and then continued on starting at page 675. Pages 643 through 674 were completely missing from the entire book.

You cannot imagine how upset she was because those missing pages totally ruined the ending for her.

I know I'd be pretty upset about that, it's not exactly a cheap book and to get 642 pages in only to find that the next 31 pages are missing from a 749 page book would be more than a little frustrating. I certainly hope she took the book back to the store and made them replace it with a good copy.
24 Jul, 2007, Zeno wrote in the 24th comment:
It's not a cheap book? I found it was… I bought mine for $15.
24 Jul, 2007, Darwin wrote in the 25th comment:
We did go back to the book store but we didn't exchange the book. We ended up buying another copy after making sure it wasn't missing any pages. After checking all the remaining books in the store, it was pretty obvious that we either had the only copy to have this mistake or that it was really rare so we kept the book with the misprint. Who knows, maybe it'll be worth something someday.
24 Jul, 2007, Brinson wrote in the 26th comment:
It probably will…misprints often are.
24 Jul, 2007, Conner wrote in the 27th comment:
Zeno said:
It's not a cheap book? I found it was… I bought mine for $15.

Actually, my copy only cost me $18, but the cover price is $35 which is what I was going off of.

Brinson said:
It probably will…misprints often are.

You have a point there, and I thought of that shortly after I posted my last post, but then, I didn't know if Darwin and his girlfriend were in a position to be able to afford another copy to reclaim those pages.
25 Jul, 2007, Darwin wrote in the 28th comment:
She's such a fan of those books that even if we weren't in a position where we could afford another copy, she would have found a way to buy another anyway.
25 Jul, 2007, Conner wrote in the 29th comment:
Darwin said:
She's such a fan of those books that even if we weren't in a position where we could afford another copy, she would have found a way to buy another anyway.

:lol: I know how that goes. :smile:
20.0/29