07 Nov, 2013, snoopy89 wrote in the 1st comment:
Votes: 0
We had to switch codebases due to the codebase we was running was unstable..We are now working on DBT 1.6 codebase…Our goal is to remake the world and recode it as best as we can.More info log the mud.

Frostmud.com
port 8013
07 Nov, 2013, Lyanic wrote in the 2nd comment:
You could've just fixed the bugs…
07 Nov, 2013, Davenge wrote in the 3rd comment:
Lyanic said:
You could've just fixed the bugs…

Hmmm, sounds like work to me.
07 Nov, 2013, snoopy89 wrote in the 4th comment:
If I knew what was wrong with it I would we spend few weeks looking in the code >.<…
07 Nov, 2013, Lyanic wrote in the 5th comment:
snoopy89 said:
If I knew what was wrong with it I would we spend few weeks looking in the code >.<…

Gdb is your friend.
07 Nov, 2013, Nathan wrote in the 6th comment:
gdb is good, but it's important to pass the '-g' flag to gcc when you compile your program so the executable includes the necessary debugging info for gdb to work with.
07 Nov, 2013, snoopy89 wrote in the 7th comment:
How do I use gdb? sorry still learning coding
07 Nov, 2013, Davenge wrote in the 8th comment:
Go to your areas folder and gdb ../src/youexecutable, so maybe dbt1.8 or whatever it is. then when that loads "run <port number>". Usually a test port.

Then recreate your bug.

Also, google is pretty good for examples on how to use debugging things such as gdb, valgrind, etc.

EDIT: This is, of course, assuming you have gdb installed.
25 Nov, 2013, Grieffels wrote in the 9th comment:
snoopy89 said:
How do I use gdb? sorry still learning coding

I'm not anywhere near most of these guys/gals on here, but I have learned alot. Debugging isn't to bad
to do once you learn how to do things. If you'd like me to take a look at your game to see what is wrong with it and explain why, just PM me back. I'm sending you the address to my game so you can get on there and speak to me. I don't want your code, not going to steal it, or eat it…well maybe eat it but I won't steal it. I just feel like returning some help that i've had given to me.
0.0/9