22 Jun, 2013, Lyanic wrote in the 61st comment:
Votes: 0
Ssolvarain said:
You know rarva and quix don't understand complex ideas unless they're presented through analogy, HK. Silly of you to forget that.

Right, you've gotta talk hotdogs to Quix.

On another point…seriously, people? This is still ongoing? This is the thing that drives me insane about the MU* community (especially MB and TMC). The most ridiculous threads end up turning into multi-page arguments.
22 Jun, 2013, quixadhal wrote in the 62nd comment:
You know what really grinds my gears? Cover charges. Cover charges are supposed to be a fee to cover punks who come into a business and just hang out, rather than buying anything. So why do they charge everyone? They should be exit fees, so anyone who didn't buy something has to pay to get out again.

dHtRnOXXZ..."> dHtRnOXXZ..." type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">
22 Jun, 2013, Cratylus wrote in the 63rd comment:
Setting aside the somewhat silly thing about DBZ muds being per se crappy, I do have to ask whether DBZ is actually still a thing.

There's pokemans, ninjago, airbendars, etc etc etc. By now I have to imagine Dragonballs are getting about as tired as ninja turtles were 10 years ago.

Shouldn't there be an onslaught of a new kind of mud displacing deebees? Friendship is Magic? Or was DBZ somehow especially well suited to diku?

-Crat
http://lpmuds.net
22 Jun, 2013, Chris Bailey wrote in the 64th comment:
I'd like to see a Biker Mice from Mars or G.I Joe MUD. =)
23 Jun, 2013, Tyche wrote in the 65th comment:
23 Jun, 2013, Ssolvarain wrote in the 66th comment:
Trap.
24 Jun, 2013, Hades_Kane wrote in the 67th comment:
Ssolvarain said:
You know rarva and quix don't understand complex ideas unless they're presented through analogy, HK. Silly of you to forget that.

My bad.

Seriously though, I know nothing will change. This is how it always has been and likely always will be.

I also know it's less so much about the DBZ theme as it is people ganging up on an easy target. It's human nature, but it's also my nature not to just sit by and watch it happen.

So yeah, still gotta try. "Be the change you want to see in the world" and all.
24 Jun, 2013, Rarva.Riendf wrote in the 68th comment:
Hades_Kane said:
I also know it's less so much about the DBZ theme as it is people ganging up on an easy target.

Just a reminder; what he asked for was the FIRST result of Google (and Bing, and probably numerous search engine) before he asked…
You better fight for some more important matters.
Seems like you don't know the fine line between entitled tards and guenine honest newbie people.
24 Jun, 2013, Hades_Kane wrote in the 69th comment:
Rarva.Riendf said:
Hades_Kane said:
I also know it's less so much about the DBZ theme as it is people ganging up on an easy target.

Just a reminder; what he asked for was the FIRST result of Google (and Bing, and probably numerous search engine) before he asked…
You better fight for some more important matters.
Seems like you don't know the fine line between entitled tards and guenine honest newbie people.

And from one post, you were able to gleam that he is an "entitled tard"?

Do we want the type of forum here where people jump on newbie posters and make leaps of judgment of their character based on a single 21 word count post, or the type of forum where newbie posters are given the benefit of the doubt and pointed toward more acceptable community practices?

I, for one, would prefer a welcoming, friendly community that checks self serving elitism at the door, and seeks to guide newbie posters and/or newbie admins toward acceptable community practices. Sometimes, those "entitled tards" can become productive members of a community.
24 Jun, 2013, quixadhal wrote in the 70th comment:
A welcome like this?

Bah, stupid forum doesn't allow timestamps in youtube videos… go to 15 seconds in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl...
25 Jun, 2013, Tyche wrote in the 71st comment:
Hades_Kane said:
…a single 21 word count post…

…that contains six grammatical errors.

This site may be helpful for some newbies:
http://www.bartleby.com/141/
25 Jun, 2013, Amun wrote in the 72nd comment:
That looks like it may be the best video game ever.

Anyway, I'm all for reinforcing self sufficiency and trying to guide people into doing their own research, it gets annoying when you see people asking the same questions over and over again when the answers are literally right in front of them, but all the same, I think there're better ways to go about helping people get their foot in the door than denigrating them openly. But what do I know?
25 Jun, 2013, Rarva.Riendf wrote in the 73rd comment:
Look at the posts date stamp as well. He was not answering anything. He probably just wanted someone to hold his hand while he jerked about his "ownership" of a mud.
60.0/73