It's Valentine's Day, and the Alter Aeon Valentine's Day update is now live! We have new features, areas, quests and more:
- We've added a 'travelling merchant' gold gambling game. This game has a lot less variation in payouts than the three rings game, for more conservative players.
- There's a new level 14 area on the island of Kordan, the Haunted Hills. Located on the west side of the famous Haunted Highway, the hills hold the secret of the haunting and the ancient curse that drives it.
- There's also a new level 24 area on the island of Archais, the tinker gnome colony. The gnomes live on the north side of Gad's Mountain, near the the Inn of the Lonely Wanderer.
- The planar research guild has opened their main offices in the city of Gad's Landing on the island of Archais. The guild has several jobs available for mid level explorers.
- Add new level 31 mage spell, 'group teleport'. This allows entire groups to risk life and limb together, instead of just single players.
- Open the 17th anniversary zone in Redferne's Palace. This extremely high level area is intended for groups of high level players, and requires ward breaking to complete.
- Open the 18th anniversary zone in the Ash Mountains. This extremely high level area is intended for large groups of high level players. It requires ward breaking to enter the main fortress.
Ward breaker is a very high level groupcast spell which costs a ton of mana (10+ casters) and serves only to trigger dprocs on objects. The actual wards are manually constructed using dprocs in the game. I mentioned it because of the large group size needed to get past them (these are not solo areas.)