11 Jul, 2012, Endy wrote in the 1st comment:
Votes: 0
Since 1994, ZombieMUD has been on-line and bringing orc-butchering fun to the masses from our home base in Oulu, Finland. We're a pretty friendly bunch, with well over 100 players at any given time logging in from all over the globe to test their skill in our medieval role-playing environment.

Like freedom? With sixteen seperate guilds (classes), over fifty sub-guilds, and 40 races to choose from, you can play any sort of character you wish. Should you become tired of one class, then have no fear, simply take a near painless reincarnation and start your life with us anew without losing all your precious experience gained in the past. Your choices are near endless, and you can even play a character as odd as a mage-fighter if you desire. In the end, we leave it up to you.

Love to collect? On ZombieMUD you are given the opportunity to build and customize your own personal and permanent castle. Within its stone walls you may hoard chest upon chest of goodies, gathered from througout the realm. You may even amass your own standing army to defend your castle from wiley intruders.

Want quests? We've got them. Well over 200 various quests and specially designed 'Equipment mobs' stand ready to challenge your skill in battle with more tricks than Houdini himself. Hate quests? That's fine too, as while doing quests will lessen level costs, they are absolutely not required for advancement within the game.

Enjoy interaction? On ZombieMUD we love to party. Fightin' and Killin' being specialties of ours most enjoyed in mass. While fighting solo is a staple of some player's diets, others enjoy the thrill of the group hunt. During a party you team your skills with the skills of other guilds to bring down foes of legendary size and strength. Whether you're a soloer or one who loves to interact, you will find your niche here.

Admire progress? ZombieMUD has been continuously growing and changing for almost two decades, and it shows. Our lands are vast and our treasures varied. Our staff is active and attentive to the mud itself, constantly adding new areas, or improving the old to be certain that Zombie and its players always have something new to discover.

Dare to begin? Check out our webpages and read up on the information listed there for new players. Join us at ZombieMUD.org, and see for yourself what all the fuss is really about.

ZombieMUD.org or telnet zombiemud.org 23
11 Jul, 2012, Endy wrote in the 2nd comment:
A new guild, the Magus Artiste, was just opened. Come see what it is all about ! :smile:
12 Jul, 2012, Igabod wrote in the 3rd comment:
Why is it called ZombieMud? From your description it has nothing to do with zombies. I'm gonna check it out anyway, but the name just throws me.

[Edit to add] after logging on and checking it out, this is definitely not the mud for me. The commands are unfamiliar, there is absolutely no color at all to highlight important info, the "easy to kill" mobs in the newbie area were not so easy to kill. The battle with a frog lasted WAY longer than I was willing to sit there and flee just didn't work no matter how many times I entered it. So I just removed my eq and let it kill me. I won't be logging back on. Sorry, but this just isn't my style of mud.
12 Jul, 2012, Hades_Kane wrote in the 4th comment:
If this is the MUD I think it is based on previous advertisements, I remember seeing some Zombie stuff advertised in the past, such as corpses rising if they aren't disposed of properly.
0.0/4