14 Mar, 2007, Crystal wrote in the 21st comment:
Votes: 0
It mostly filters out links in comments (as well as trackpacks), at least from what I've seen on my blog end of it. I imagine they have some sort of database that links all of the blogs using Akismet together or something related. It learns much like Thunderbird learns which emails you receive that you mark as spam.
14 Mar, 2007, Guest wrote in the 22nd comment:
Conner said:
I guess my biggest concern with the akismet is that I don't understand how the akismet is determining what to filter.

It analyzes the contents of the post, the name associated with it, URL, email, and a whole bunch of other client related data such as the type of connection they made, their IP, etc. It's checked against whatever kind of global database they have for this purpose. If something is flagged as spam, they tell you.

What happens to the post is entirely up to you. You can ignore the result. You can hold the posts in a separate spam table ( what I did with Sandbox ), you can flag it as spam and let it post normally and remove it later, or anything else you want done to it. If it makes a mistake, you can correct it and send data back to them about it. There's really nothing much to worry about.
14 Mar, 2007, Conner wrote in the 23rd comment:
Well, I guess that does sound safe enough.. and I suppose it really is about time for me to go ahead and add it to my sandbox to see it in action.
14 Mar, 2007, Guest wrote in the 24th comment:
Best place to get it right now would be from my blog then, under the downloads section.
14 Mar, 2007, Conner wrote in the 25th comment:
Oh, I think I'd already downloaded what you'd uploaded to Kiasyn's QSFP for Sandbox and copied your recently updated instructions from there to a gedit window.. I thought I just still needed to register at wordpress.. I take it that you've a better version of the file on your sandbox now instead then?
14 Mar, 2007, Guest wrote in the 26th comment:
I wouldn't call it better. Just updated after I worked a kink or two out. Kiasyn hasn't authorized file updates by users yet so I had to put it somewhere :)
14 Mar, 2007, Conner wrote in the 27th comment:
Gotcha, I wasn't sure because it's showing as the same file size as the one I'd already downloaded, but I'll replace that one with the one from your site instead then.
14 Mar, 2007, kiasyn wrote in the 28th comment:
Samson said:
I wouldn't call it better. Just updated after I worked a kink or two out. Kiasyn hasn't authorized file updates by users yet so I had to put it somewhere :)
yes i have
20.0/28