02 Dec, 2011, Rarva.Riendf wrote in the 1st comment:
Votes: 0
In the codebase I had, mob wait was only processed in the violence update.
So when I had a mprog, it meant, since I made mob going through the exact same method than a player, that even two says in a row would take one round, as it was the lower pulse they could handle.
Players wait status is handle in nanny, so I made so mobs wait status is now handled there as well.
That means that I now have over 9k mobs to parse through instead of only a few players.
I was wondering if anyone suffered from it. (I do not yet, but I am wondering about potential problem later)

I thought of creating a list with only the mobs that actually need to be parsed, but I am wondering if it is really necessary.
04 Dec, 2011, JohnnyStarr wrote in the 2nd comment:
Votes: 0
You probably want to add a mob-type to the mob structure that defines this specific type
of behavior. This way, you may skip the ones without said value. The alternative, in your
9k mob scenario, is that you are parsing mobiles that may not be desired to interact to begin with.
An example might be if a mob is robotic, or some sort of turret cannon. You wouldn't want it to
behave like a player. Obviously, you would know best as far as what you are looking for.

As far as nanny.c: I feel it is the worst function in ROM. One of the first things I did with my ROM base
was tear it apart and separate anything that didn't make sense; namely all of it :smile:
0.0/2