11 Mar, 2007, Guest wrote in the 101st comment:
Votes: 0
I know it's weird, but you have to keep in mind that by the time it reached that stage for me he was already biased against me. So I guess he figured dropping my contributions from his site would cause me to become so isolated from the community that I'd just go away. Guess that didn't happen. In fact, his actions provided the motivation for creating this very site. It was something I had been considering for some time but Kyndig provided the catalyst.

No offense to Darien, but when it came time for him to demand removal, he wasn't exactly a big fish in the pond. Kyndig has a history of bullying the little guys around when he figures they're of no consequence and I think he figured Darien was of no consequence and thusly ignored the demand. Obviously he was wrong about how far Darien would take it.
11 Mar, 2007, Omega wrote in the 102nd comment:
i'm honored to not be considered a big fish :)

my rom snippets had the most downloads on mudmagic before i ganked them, they were not only the largest numbers in downloads, but the most often.. Guess they were popular.

I wasn't a forum junky though, which i guess is why i wasn't considered a big-guy, but you are right on that, i wasn't a big-name there. my how things have changed.
12 Mar, 2007, Fizban wrote in the 103rd comment:
I wasn't a forum junky though, which i guess is why i wasn't considered a big-guy, but you are right on that, i wasn't a big-name there. my how things have changed.

How have things changed, I've never heard of you on any website other than here. I'm not saying your code wasn't downloaded in large amounts or that it wasn't well liked or quality code at all and I am not intending this to sound flamish just stating the truth. Perhaps you go by other usernames on other websites but the username Darien is one I have only seen here.

Obviously he was wrong about how far Darien would take it.

Maybe, I'm still not so sure Darien would have taken legal action had Kyndig ignored him, he didn't but if he had I personally suspect that would have been that. If you can honestly argue the contrary Darien feel free to correct me.
12 Mar, 2007, Fizban wrote in the 104th comment:

Actually I may have just misread that the first time. Were you saying that you are now a forum junkie, or now a big name? If the former I apologize, if the latter, my previous post still stands.
12 Mar, 2007, Tijer wrote in the 105th comment:
Samson said:
Fizban,

This is why alternate resources exist. If someone doesn't like how mudmagic runs their site, they can find the same code elsewhere. Before Mudbytes, about the only alternatives available were scattered FTP sites, or non-mud related code submission sites. Since we opened, several others have too, and we welcome it. The competition is healthy and it provides the community plenty of choices for distribution channels. So places like mudmagic are no longer a effective monopoly on the community. People are realizing this too and beginning to make use of other sites. So it's not damaging to anyone if an author chooses to skip distributing through mudmagic for moral and/or legal protest reasons.

I already made a godwars mud resource site back in 2004, when i was getting tired of Kyndigs Megalomanical tendencies. we have switched software a few times. and wiped users once, but we are still getting quite a few discussions going on there. Zarius also made a spinoff site, called mudfiles, unfortunately not much work has been done on the spinoff site :(
13 Mar, 2007, Omega wrote in the 106th comment:
Fizban, on mudmagic I was Dazzle, which is the name i use when distributing most of my code.

As seen in my downloads when i referance myself as dazzle. Darien was always my name, but when i went to mudmagic, someone already had it, so i used my player-name which is dazzle for my code distribution, and when mudbytes opened, i was able to revert to my imm name, which is darien.

and i was refering to the fact that on mudbytes i never really used the forums, i don't consider myself a big-name in mudding….. give me time though, i'm sure it'll become household like ivan is to rom users.

As for taking legal action, i am un-sure if i would of or not, the threat did the job, I had considered it if he had not of listed to the threat, because frankly, even an official notice from a lawyer hitting him, would of done the trick, and i'm not going to say i wouldn't of done it, cuz well, i probobly would of, i'm too proud to back down when i start things.

Unless i'm wrong, i'm always willing to admit when I am wrong, but that doesn't happen that often, ;) once again, pride :)
13 Mar, 2007, Kayle wrote in the 107th comment:
I still fail to see why this topic continues to grow. Just agree to disagree and drop it. I'm tired of seeing "Kyndig this" and "Kyndig that." Leave the Tyrant to his flock of Miscreants and let the mudding community continue to thrive here on MudBytes.
13 Mar, 2007, Brinson wrote in the 108th comment:
Darien said:
an official notice from a lawyer hitting him, would of done the trick

aside from the grammar error :-p this is true and usually is in mud-related legalities. Even if a mud admin doesn't respond to a letter, the host will. If the host doesn't, go to the ISP. Its not so much about being able to win the case as it is being the only one willing to pursue it. He's far more likely to concede a point than spend thousands of dollars on it. You only have one point to make and might be able to pursue it. He probably has a couple dozen people with similar disagreements with him, as well as a business to run, so he's less likely to pursue it.
13 Mar, 2007, Omega wrote in the 109th comment:
leave my grammar out of this
13 Mar, 2007, Guest wrote in the 110th comment:
Yeah, I'm getting the feeling we've done this one to death. Surely there are other more interesting things to talk about?
13 Mar, 2007, Justice wrote in the 111th comment:
That's what I said 4 pages ago. Heh
13 Mar, 2007, Omega wrote in the 112th comment:
you know its beaten to death when they start picking on you for spelling/grammar and despite the fact that you state that you don't care, they keep bringing it up.
13 Mar, 2007, Brinson wrote in the 113th comment:
Darien said:
you know its beaten to death when they start picking on you for spelling/grammar and despite the fact that you state that you don't care, they keep bringing it up.

Please, that's the first time I've ever picked on you for grammar. :-p
13 Mar, 2007, Guest wrote in the 114th comment:
Do we really need to LOCK the topic before the point is made that this horse is dead, rotted, and laying in a pile of bones? If there's a legitimate point to raise on this topic, that's fine. But I can't see much point in it descending into an argument about who has worse grammar.

[Edit by Kiasyn: locked it anyway, asking a question is just going to have someone answer, even as a joke]
100.0/114