27 Jan, 2011, jurdendurden wrote in the 1st comment:
Votes: 0
Saw a char named Kayle on my PVP server (blood will run), just curious if it's you.

P.S. DC Universe is pretty awesome but I don't think I'd shell out $15 a month for it.
28 Jan, 2011, Kayle wrote in the 2nd comment:
Nope, don't play comic book games. Barely go see the movies, and I don't think I've ever even read a comic book/graphic novel.
28 Jan, 2011, Davion wrote in the 3rd comment:
I play. My hero's name is Monoxide on Zero Hour! Currently level 10. Down for group! Just PM me.
28 Jan, 2011, jurdendurden wrote in the 4th comment:
Is that PVE Davion? My buds and I only play on the PVP servers heh. Combustion is my name, lvl 23 villain.
28 Jan, 2011, plamzi wrote in the 5th comment:
I think it was Roger Zelazny who once said, and I paraphrase:

"If a teenage boy doesn't read sci-fi, there's probably something wrong with him. And if he still reads sci-fi in his late 20's, something is definitely wrong with him."

I leave you to ponder the relevance of this quote :)
29 Jan, 2011, Chris Bailey wrote in the 6th comment:
Unfortunately I still have a thing for sci-fi/fantasy novels. I never got into comic books, but I read a LOT of fantasy novels. =)
29 Jan, 2011, Kjwah wrote in the 7th comment:
I was tempted. Most of my friends still play WoW though… Which is why I keep playing it. That and someone else pays the monthly fee and whatnot.

Yes, by someone else, I mean my mom. I live in her basement, weigh five hundred pounds and eat cheetos all day. It's awesome. Thug life.
25 Nov, 2011, Davion wrote in the 8th comment:
Not sure if you guys were aware of this or not but DC universe online is now free to play. There are some limitations on free accounts but you don't really notice them until you start doing some of the higher end, end game content
27 Nov, 2011, Chris Bailey wrote in the 9th comment:
I'm going to give it a try. 14.6gb download though, really? The downloader should nab everything required for character creation first so you can play around with it.
27 Nov, 2011, quixadhal wrote in the 10th comment:
It's pretty fun. A friend bought it at launch and gave me a 14 day trial, and I enjoyed it.. just not quite enough to fork out a subscription fee. Interestingly, I guess anyone who had ever gotten an account while it was subscription based (even a trial) is now the middle-tier of free-to-pay membership. For me, that's more than enough to have fun with the game.

Also, the servers all got merged so there's just two servers now (one US, one EU), and they handle PvE/PvP via sharding. So, you can pick "PvE" when you make your character and then go to a location in your side's base and "portal" to the PvP world whenever you like.
28 Nov, 2011, Chris Bailey wrote in the 11th comment:
Excellent. I've been playing for a couple of hours and actually having a good time with it. I rarely enjoy graphical MMO's.
28 Nov, 2011, Chris Bailey wrote in the 12th comment:
Quix, what is your alias in DCU?
29 Nov, 2011, quixadhal wrote in the 13th comment:
Hrmph.

I was going to log in and check my character names… but SOE/Adobe managed to hose the launchpad so, no such luck.

[EDIT: Fixed]

Bah, had to hand-edit a couple things to get SOE's junk working properly.

Redeye Special is the character I've been playing recently. Level 11 villain. I had a level 15 guy during the free trial, but I figured I'd start a new one so I could remember how to play. :)
29 Nov, 2011, Davion wrote in the 14th comment:
Chris Bailey said:
Excellent. I've been playing for a couple of hours and actually having a good time with it. I rarely enjoy graphical MMO's.

I like it because the combat is aboat is fast is a mud. Virtually every other game out there has ridiculously slow combat compared to DCO and MUDs.
29 Nov, 2011, KaVir wrote in the 15th comment:
I've been having a bit of a play on Champions Online. Might give DC Universe a go as well, but that's one huge download - anyone here played both and willing to give a very brief comparison?
29 Nov, 2011, quixadhal wrote in the 16th comment:
I only played CO briefly, during beta. I didn't care for it. It felt like a rehash of City of Heroes (which I did like), but slower and with graphics that felt both better and worse at the same time. I think it was slightly better in style, but worse in that it didn't seem to mesh with the 3D engine very well.

DCUO feels much more like a console game, combat is more active rather than standing in place hitting number keys.

It's also the ONLY good example I've seen of a game that can be played seamlessly with a 360 controller or the mouse/keyboard. If you have both, it will automatically change the UI when you touch either one, so if you move a joystick all the labels change to the right things for a controller (IE: this attack combo is tap-X, tap-X, hold-Y), if you touch the mouse, it changes them to keyboard/mouse labels (same attack is left-click, left-click, right-hold). It also enables a targeting HUD reticle, which isn't there for the controller since the controls are slightly different.
29 Nov, 2011, Liko wrote in the 17th comment:
Hello,

I play Dc Universe on the PS3 server. My character name is Liko and psn is epierce33. If you'd like to play sometime just give me a add or pm!
29 Nov, 2011, Ssolvarain wrote in the 18th comment:
I'd consider playing, but I tend to get kind of bored with multiplayer games. Usually wind up playing by myself :P
30 Nov, 2011, Chris Bailey wrote in the 19th comment:
SSolv - I usually have the same problem. Not so much with this one! The design makes it easy to work with others, and sometimes it is essential. I like to just fly way over the city and look for heroes fighting villains and then fly down and smash em. It is a lot of fun. :P
01 Dec, 2011, Ssolvarain wrote in the 20th comment:
Hrm.. Steam?
0.0/34