29 Jan, 2007, Guest wrote in the 1st comment:
Votes: 0
Yeah. The little geniuses of the community are at it again.

http://forums.slayn.net/index.php?topic=...
29 Jan, 2007, Skol wrote in the 2nd comment:
Lol nod, already called them idiots on Kyndigs myself ;)
29 Jan, 2007, Conner wrote in the 3rd comment:
I liked Asylumius' response the best, but that was an amusing read, Samson. :lol:
29 Jan, 2007, Asylumius wrote in the 4th comment:
Heh, thanks.

I'm not quite sure if that dude is full of shit or not, but I'm tired of people getting me wet with their tears crying shit about how they're going to sue somebody and totally throw them in teh jail and/or hack their gibson.

Don't want your code getting ripped off? Get your own server and make it not suck, then stop letting people onto it.

</rant>

P.S.
If you criticize my post, I'll sue you for slandter. My bst friend is a lawyer and hell fuck you up and ull go to prison for exposing how insecure I am. I'm sierous. kthx?
29 Jan, 2007, Conner wrote in the 5th comment:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Very nicely said, especially that P.S.. :biggrin:
29 Jan, 2007, Omega wrote in the 6th comment:
ya know, the last time i checked, those guys were asshats, and it would remain so as you read further through their posts as they start calling everyone morons and to back off because they think their in the right.

and btw, i love the rant, beautiful formation of words, and the p.s. beautiful, sarcasm mixed with an evil poke at their stupidity.

Man i love this site :)
30 Jan, 2007, Brinson wrote in the 7th comment:
So…he bought a diku codebase and someone stole it from him?

Bleh, heh.

Though…I do sympathize on the areas…the mud and code are covered by the diku license, but areas, rp, plot, world, ect…are still owned. If they wanted to write a book about it they could, because they do own some sort of rights over the intellectual property of the world.

I'm currently working on a mud in which I have several hundred typed pages of world design, history, culture, ect…I own these writings, intellectual property. It someone stole them and used them I'd be pissed, and I think similar goes for areas.
30 Jan, 2007, Conner wrote in the 8th comment:
Sure, you'd have every reason to be upset if your work was stolen from you. But it still wouldn't give you the right to be offensive to everyone who has any opinion about the matter after you made the matter public on an open forum.
31 Jan, 2007, Fizban wrote in the 9th comment:
No, Conner that's exactly it, you'd have the right to be offensive to everyone who has an opinion on the matter. You just wouldn't be 'in the right' to be offensive to everyone who has an opinion on the matter.
31 Jan, 2007, Fizban wrote in the 10th comment:
By the way the thread is back. Shattered Realms *cough* Slapbass84 *cough* deleted the post after I posted content he wasn't fond of, but the thread was put back upon request by Slayn. :)
31 Jan, 2007, Conner wrote in the 11th comment:
Fizban said:
No, Conner that's exactly it, you'd have the right to be offensive to everyone who has an opinion on the matter. You just wouldn't be 'in the right' to be offensive to everyone who has an opinion on the matter.

Actually, you have a point there. I misphrased my thought but what you've said is what I was really trying to get across. It's a public forum so the public has the right to post whatever in response and you have the right to be however you want, but you'd be in the wrong to be a jerk to folks who aren't actually being jerks to you.
31 Jan, 2007, Asylumius wrote in the 12th comment:
Actually, you have a point there. I misphrased my thought but what you've said is what I was really trying to get across. It's a public forum so the public has the right to post whatever in response and you have the right to be however you want, but you'd be in the wrong to be a jerk to folks who aren't actually being jerks to you.

True, but there's a difference between having the right to say something and just not having any class. This dude *might* be justified, but there's nothing cool about being a justified asshole.
01 Feb, 2007, Conner wrote in the 13th comment:
Right, he's got the right to be that way, but it's really quite wrong of him to exercise that right in such a way… unless that sounds too leftist. :lol: (Sorry, with all those rights and wrongs, I just had to throw in a left…)
01 Feb, 2007, Guest wrote in the 14th comment:
It always amuses me to no end to see people trip over themselves to mention who has what right to say something where. Often invoking the 1st amendment where it does not apply. This is all private property folks, nobody has the right to anything beyond what the owners will tolerate :)

I was confused as hell when I read the original thread. I couldn't tell who did what to whom and for how much money. In the end it was just stupid. People bashing each other over some 3rd person who was critically brain dead enough to think paying for a Diku codebase was actually a good idea. The legal issues of that not withstanding, it was just an extremely stupid thing to pay money for.

Unless the person paying the money thought they were buying the world content. Areas, classes, races, backstory, etc. At least that would have made sense and had a more solid legal footing behind it. Hans and company can't restrain you from selling your world content.
01 Feb, 2007, Conner wrote in the 15th comment:
Samson said:
It always amuses me to no end to see people trip over themselves to mention who has what right to say something where. Often invoking the 1st amendment where it does not apply. This is all private property folks, nobody has the right to anything beyond what the owners will tolerate :)

Another very good point, perhaps Fizban and I should've said that you've got the priviledge to respond that way (as long as it's within the site's rules) but that it's not the right way to respond. *shrug*

Either way, I really think the point has been belabored enough already. *shrug*
01 Feb, 2007, Omega wrote in the 16th comment:
I think i should buy a diku deriv from some strange person off of the internet and then keep a watchful eye out and see if someone else is using the same base… cuz you know, if it looks like rom, plays like rom, and i've payed for a copy, then it must be mine! and all those people out there with rom muds should shutdown because i have all the IP on it….

Oi… wait, nevermind, that would be whawt i'd do if i was a retard. Oi, pardon my french here, but those guys are fucktards.

This is my first, and only comment on this board, because i feel that the people it is addressing need a smack for stupidity, and another smack for defending their stupidity.

Though i am looking forward to peoples responses.

please note, samson, and the rest of the mudbytes people, we need a :sarcastic: font option like bold, and code, something that will make comments stand out as sarcastic so that people don't think we are serious.

I post this here because i'm too lazy to pm the idea, and since the first part of my message was all sarcasm, i feel that it should be displayed properly.

With that said, fucktards….
01 Feb, 2007, Guest wrote in the 17th comment:
<sarcasm>Yep, definitely need to start selling copies of AFKMud. Don't know what I was thinking giving it away for free! I'm such a fool!</sarcasm>

Though I'm sure most of us are bright enough to detect sarcasm when we see it, you can always just mark it with the traditional fake sarcasm tags rather than making us do more work :P
01 Feb, 2007, Omega wrote in the 18th comment:
but but… but… i like giving you more work.

and you could atleast make the fake sarcasm a clickable tag like code :P just to make my life easier, ya know, typing all day tends to hurt when you have todo funky brackets and slashes and spell the word sarcasm…. its tricky ya know ;)
01 Feb, 2007, Fizban wrote in the 19th comment:
*The auctioner yells, "Next up on the auction block is, Fizban!"

*Fizban clears his throat*

*Ahem*

"Fizban begins reading, "Ladies and gentlemen, I have a proposition to offer all of you. I have in my custody a highly modified (R) (TM) copy of CircleMUD 3.5 that I know you are all dying to bid on. I understand that some of you may not be rich, so I will start the bidding low.""

*Fizban steps off the block to be replaced by the auctioner*

"The Auctioner starts the bids at $900."
0.0/19