27 Jan, 2007, Guest wrote in the 1st comment:
Votes: 0
I added us to the database on TMS for rankings. The vote link is down toward the bottom on the left side for those who wish to send some votes our way :)
27 Jan, 2007, Conner wrote in the 2nd comment:
I'll try to remember to click that link in my daily voting rounds.
Though I don't know if it'll do any good since I already vote at that site daily for my own mud too.
27 Jan, 2007, Guest wrote in the 3rd comment:
I think the voting mechanism only checks to see if you voted for the particular site, but if not, maybe that should be brought up to the TMS people so folks in your situation don't get stuck only being able to vote for one thing or the other.
28 Jan, 2007, Conner wrote in the 4th comment:
I don't know that being stuck only able to vote for one site on the list per day is a bad thing, I mean, how useful are the stats if folks go voting for every listing they have each day? :wink:

On a more serious note, I can see your point, and like I said, I'll try to make a point to remember to click the link daily when I do my own mud's voting links each night, but if after a week or so mudbytes still isn't making any headway from it, I may just give up on doing both, at least until TMS changes their vote system. *shrug*
28 Jan, 2007, Guest wrote in the 5th comment:
How useful are stats for this sort of thing when 10 people vote twice per day just because they can? That's 20 votes a day. Over the course of a month 10 people can make one site look like the most popular place on Earth. 600 votes is enough to put people on the top 20 listing there. And I'm pretty sure that's exactly how places like the IRE games do it. A small but rabidly dedicated group of voters.
28 Jan, 2007, Conner wrote in the 6th comment:
I don't know, but I'd sure like to find 10 people willing to go to follow each of my mud's voting links every 12 hours, it would go a long way towards keeping my playerbase growing. :lol:
28 Jan, 2007, Metsuro wrote in the 7th comment:
Ire have about 100 players on at any time, and have forced reminders to vote every 12 hours. One mud even have in game stats to see who the best are based on voting…
28 Jan, 2007, Guest wrote in the 8th comment:
Wouldn't forced reminders to vote constitute a violation of the ranking rules? You'd better be sure of what you claim before making such an accusation.
28 Jan, 2007, Metsuro wrote in the 9th comment:
No giving away prizes its against the violation, which they did at one time but stopped, now every 12 hours they have a message sent on there muds like [Voting reminder] only so many votes till rank blah. I play all four of them, and always end up gagging the vote reminder crap. Achaea is prolly the worst. But they do infact have many votes because they have alot of players to do the voting.
29 Jan, 2007, Omega wrote in the 10th comment:
some mudlisting sites basicaly make it so that if you even make a hint about having to vote, your in violation, hell, my mud had an automated vote system in it, if you had played more then 36 hours in a month, it put you at a lag-window on connection saying, you need to vote… that is long since gone because of the way these voting systems worked and I rather liked my mud's votes to stay active.

so with that said. If you want to log what ip's are clicking your vote link, just so that the staff can gauge how often someone votes, that wouldn't violate, but the second rewards come into place, or 'reminders that they have to vote' then they are most likely in violation of the listing policy. (tms and mudconnect being the main problems)

anyways, thats just my two cents.
30 Jan, 2007, Brinson wrote in the 11th comment:
A mud I used to play had an app a player had made which popped up with voting links every 12 hours. I know for a fact there are some insanely dedicated voters there.
30 Jan, 2007, Conner wrote in the 12th comment:
There must be a few of them out there, but the hundreds of them that the rankings on some of these sites indicate?
30 Jan, 2007, Guest wrote in the 13th comment:
Nah. I'm fairly convinced that a mud with 1,000 votes by the end of a vote cycle has no more than 10 dedicated voters who each vote 4 times a day ( twice from home, twice from work/proxy/other ), or 20 dedicated voters who each vote only twice per day. and cause their rankings to be overinflated. The system is a lot easier to game than it looks.
0.0/13