12 Sep, 2010, Chris Bailey wrote in the 1st comment:
Votes: 0
I've seen the word nakedmud tossed around enough lately that it seems like it could use its own forum section. I mean, Igabod mentioned GodWars a few times and *bam*, it was there. I'm sure we can find a better place for Nakedmud discussion than "Custom Codebases".
12 Sep, 2010, Rudha wrote in the 2nd comment:
I brought this up a few days ago myself and kinda got shot down. It seems kind of arbitrary that we have forums for legacy codebases that go less discuseed whereas a more actively discussed MUD gets put essentially in the miscellanious section.

Maya/Rudha
12 Sep, 2010, Scandum wrote in the 3rd comment:
Maybe start out with a SocketMUD section, which always leaves the option to branch out.
12 Sep, 2010, Rudha wrote in the 4th comment:
Were it my forum Id probqbly have a forum that was "SocketMUD/NakedMUD/derivatives" or whatever.

Maya/Rudha
12 Sep, 2010, Chris Bailey wrote in the 5th comment:
Yeah, but it wouldn't be very specific. Working with Nakedmud is vastly different than socketmud (Python!), just as working with RocketMUD(Ruby!) is vastly different. Perhaps we could stick Nakedmud under the Python section? :P
13 Sep, 2010, David Haley wrote in the 6th comment:
Rudha said:
I brought this up a few days ago myself and kinda got shot down. It seems kind of arbitrary that we have forums for legacy codebases that go less discuseed whereas a more actively discussed MUD gets put essentially in the miscellanious section.

I don't remember it being shot down, but just ignored. I guess they were too busy filling the front page with thread post duplicates. :wink:
13 Sep, 2010, Davion wrote in the 7th comment:
Rudha said:

Maya/Rudha

It wasn't shot down, or ignored (currently only one person is ignored!) You'll notice I started moving NakedMUD conversations to the Customs Forum. Easier to determine if NM requires it's own forum when they're all together ;).
13 Sep, 2010, David Haley wrote in the 8th comment:
Davion said:
currently only one person is ignored!

Are you referring to Crat's request about why his banner mysteriously vanished?
13 Sep, 2010, Davion wrote in the 9th comment:
David Haley said:
Davion said:
currently only one person is ignored!

Are you referring to Crat's request about why his banner mysteriously vanished?

His banners gone? Must've fallen below the CTR threshold. I think it's in the tenths of thousands.
13 Sep, 2010, Rudha wrote in the 10th comment:
What I took from that discussion is "it is all just python stuff anyways"; perhaps it was a mistaken impression but it seemed to me like it got waved off.

Maya/Rudha
0.0/10