21 Aug, 2010, thaolen wrote in the 21st comment:
Votes: 0
Free eh? nice :) thanks a lot, looks like pdf's and the like at stanford, and Dean thanks that looks very helpful http://www.sthurlow.com/python/
22 Aug, 2010, Barm wrote in the 22nd comment:
This was a thread from February about Python tutorials:

http://www.mudbytes.net/index.php?a=topi...
22 Aug, 2010, Rudha wrote in the 23rd comment:
It could be neat and possibly useful to give NakedMud its own section on the forums, I don't see it getting neglected any more than the other codebase forums (fora?)

Maya/Rudha
22 Aug, 2010, Dean wrote in the 24th comment:
Rudha said:
It could be neat and possibly useful to give NakedMud its own section on the forums, I don't see it getting neglected any more than the other codebase forums (fora?)

Maya/Rudha

I second this motion. :biggrin:
22 Aug, 2010, thaolen wrote in the 25th comment:
So, there are NakedMud fans, good, that will help a lot, I third it.
22 Aug, 2010, chrisd wrote in the 26th comment:
Despite being a NakedMud fan I don't really think it needs its own forum section here on MudBytes. Most questions about NakedMud are actually questions about Python, and belong in this section. There are a few NakedMud-specific topics, but help with these can generally be found in the official tutorial/reference documentation, on the IRC channel and (to a lesser extent) on the mailing list (which some people still pay attention to). Similar resources exist for LPC and Tiny codebases (which have far more users than NM) and look at how little their forum here gets used. Contrast that with how often the Diku codebase forums are used - that's because this is really the place where Diku people come to get help.

If you absolutely must have a forum for every codebase, I would suggest having a custom codebase forum, perhaps with a number of subforums.
22 Aug, 2010, Davion wrote in the 27th comment:
chrisd said:
If you absolutely must have a forum for every codebase, I would suggest having a custom codebase forum, perhaps with a number of subforums.

There's been a Custom Codebase forum since pretty much our inception. You can check it out here
22 Aug, 2010, chrisd wrote in the 28th comment:
Davion said:
chrisd said:
There's been a Custom Codebase forum since pretty much our inception. You can check it out here

Bleh, of course there is. I was looking in the wrong place.
20.0/28