18 Aug, 2010, Rudha wrote in the 1st comment:
Votes: 0
Hey, maybe Im just being thick as an asphalt milkshake, but TinTin++ is supposed to support MSDP so I read on the feature list, so I was trying to get it to work with that so I can use #CONFIG {DEBUG TELNET} to see if the MSDP handshake and messages are working properly, but it always sends IAC DONT MSDP. Is there some configuration setting somewheres I am missing?

Maya/Rudha

PS: Yeah, I realise I got dyslexic with the title but I cant edit it oddly.
18 Aug, 2010, Davion wrote in the 2nd comment:
Rudha said:
PS: Yeah, I realise I got dyslexic with the title but I cant edit it oddly.

Allow me ;)
18 Aug, 2010, Scandum wrote in the 3rd comment:
TinTin++ only provides a TELNET event handler, and an MSDP event handler. So for MSDP support you need to overwrite the default behavior (to send IAC DONT MSDP) with an event.

A bare bone example MSDP script is provided here: http://tintin.sourceforge.net/scripts/ms...

If you want to look at something more substantial an interface script (with screenshot) for Godwars II is available here: http://sites.google.com/site/keshlor/god...
18 Aug, 2010, Rudha wrote in the 4th comment:
Well basically all I want for the moment is for it to display the TELOPT send/receive like it does for other protocols such as MSSP, so that I can make sure that segment of my TELOPTs module actually works right before I publish it and look silly :)

Maya/Rudha
18 Aug, 2010, Scandum wrote in the 5th comment:
For basic debugging I think all you need is:

#format IAC  %a 255
#format DO %a 253
#format SB %a 250
#format SE %a 240
#format MSDP %a 69
#format VAR %a 01
#format VAL %a 02

#config debug on

#event {IAC WILL MSDP} {#echo {SENT: IAC DO MSDP};#send {$IAC$DO$MSDP\}}

Can just paste that into the window opposed to having to use #read. To send a variable to the mud you'd use something like:

#send $IAC$SB$MSDP${VAR}<variable>${VAL}<value>$IAC$SE\

The \ at the end of #send prevents a linefeed from being appended.
18 Aug, 2010, Rudha wrote in the 6th comment:
Thanks a ton :)

Maya/Rudha
0.0/6