27 Jul, 2010, Zula110100100 wrote in the 1st comment:
Votes: 0
I am starting up a Post-apocalyptic mud, no name, yet. It is all stock areas at the moment and I need to at least restring every area, new areas welcome. I have yet to put in OLC but that I'll work on that as soon as I get done with this post.
Frostmud.com @ 8355
27 Jul, 2010, Chris Bailey wrote in the 2nd comment:
How informative. I'm guessing that since you mentioned stock areas you are using a pre-existing codebase. When you say restring the areas, are you talking about just changing the room descriptions? Does "new areas welcome" mean that you are currently looking for builders? If so, do you have any additional information about the theme of your project that might help attract potential builders?

EDIT: Not trying to be an ass, I'm just curious! =)
27 Jul, 2010, Kayle wrote in the 3rd comment:
Chris Bailey said:
EDIT: Not trying to be an ass, I'm just curious! =)

Chris Bailey - Building Better Advertisements through curiosity since September 2008.
28 Jul, 2010, Chris Bailey wrote in the 4th comment:
lol =)
28 Jul, 2010, ralgith wrote in the 5th comment:
I also think Chris needs to read the topic TITLE, since it clearly states "needs builders" :P
28 Jul, 2010, Chris Bailey wrote in the 6th comment:
Dang, I was hoping nobody would notice that. I didn't realise it until like an hour after I posted. :P
28 Jul, 2010, ralgith wrote in the 7th comment:
Hehehe, I was nice and didn't post it till the second time I read the thread too ;)

I was too busy with other things the first time.
28 Jul, 2010, Zula110100100 wrote in the 8th comment:
Yeah, sorry, not very descriptive because I am still working out the theme and well..everything. I am not going all gung-ho into it so not much changes to the code yet. It is Rom 2.4, I put in olc and Lope's color already, I am going to run a port for building the areas, and test code on another port, so it won't be all kinds of copyovers. And yes, by resfrung, I mean I am fine with someone just changing room descs and mob desc and everything instead of building a new area, infact, I would prefer a few areas done that way. I always like knowing my way around midgaard with my first char on a new mud. But as it's post-apocalyptic, it can't really look like midgaard… But I also need new areas to add originality.
28 Jul, 2010, Chris Bailey wrote in the 9th comment:
Makes sense Zula, I've recently learned that people appreciate familiarity even though I prefer change. Have you looked into the cleaned up and bug fixed RaM? I'm not overly familiar with the project but from what I understand it's easier to get off the ground than stock Rom.
28 Jul, 2010, Ssolvarain wrote in the 10th comment:
Zula110100100 said:
I need to at least restring every area

If you wait a bit, you'll have areas freely available that eerily match your criteria down to a toenail.

And most builders I've known would rather eat a brick than redo an area.
0.0/10