15 May, 2010, David Haley wrote in the 41st comment:
Votes: 0
The mod action was, presumably, what prompted Tyche to start the thread (having his tagging access revoked).
15 May, 2010, quixadhal wrote in the 42nd comment:
Maybe that's it… we're viewing this whole tagging thing wrong. They aren't meant to tag what a thread has been about, they're to reflect what it's CURRENTLY about.

So "mod action" was appropriate when it started, but now there's no more mod action, so "mod talking" is a much better fit.
15 May, 2010, Runter wrote in the 43rd comment:
It's like when a thread starts as a strong discussion of programming techniques and technology but ends up being about shard pointer hash grids. legitimate_thread=>comedy_gold
15 May, 2010, Cratylus wrote in the 44th comment:
Runter said:
It's like when a thread starts as a strong discussion of programming techniques and technology but ends up being about shard pointer hash grids. legitimate_thread=>comedy_gold

Now we see the violence inherent in the nepotistic system.
15 May, 2010, quixadhal wrote in the 45th comment:
Help! Help! I'm being repressed!
15 May, 2010, Koron wrote in the 46th comment:
I don't know who added malamanteau as a tag, but I love you. I vote this tag be permanently and unalterably locked to this thread.
16 May, 2010, Scandum wrote in the 47th comment:
Maybe allow giving tags a thumbs up, or a thumbs down. Then a certain threshold could be set for a tag to be hidden, like -5 votes or something.
16 May, 2010, Davion wrote in the 48th comment:
Scandum said:
Maybe allow giving tags a thumbs up, or a thumbs down. Then a certain threshold could be set for a tag to be hidden, like -5 votes or something.

*nodnod* I think this is the way I'm leaning.
17 May, 2010, Runter wrote in the 49th comment:
Davion said:
Scandum said:

*nodnod* I think this is the way I'm leaning.

Hurry up.
17 May, 2010, Asylumius wrote in the 50th comment:
This made me LOL:
case 'addtag':
if($this->user['user_id'] == USER_GUEST_UID || $this->user['user_posts'] < 10 || $this->user['user_name'] == 'Tyche')
return '0';
17 May, 2010, David Haley wrote in the 51st comment:
You know, you might as well stop pretending and give yourself the admin tag back… You're like the "normal user" who just happens to have super-user access. :rolleyes:
17 May, 2010, Asylumius wrote in the 52nd comment:
Pretending what? I do zero administration on the forums and, for that matter, moderation (which back then were the same thing), so I don't need to be in the Admin user group.

I still have access to the server/code so that I can fix bugs and, while it's very rare, work on features. That fact hasn't changed, or been denied, since … ever. As best my memory serves me, I've never used my access to do something on the forums I would need to be in the Admin group to do.

Quit getting your panties in a bunch.

PS: Again, if my memory serves me, it's public knowledge here that Tyche lost his tagging privs. I was merely amused by the method.

PPS: Quit getting your panties in a bunch.
17 May, 2010, David Haley wrote in the 53rd comment:
I'm a super-user, I just only use my super-user powers for good!

(BTW, for somebody complaining about panties getting in bunches, you sure seem to be not terribly good at detecting amusement.)
17 May, 2010, Asylumius wrote in the 54th comment:
Well I'm glad we're both amused. It's a good train to be on.

But yes, while I'm not officially an admin or a moderator, technically speaking, I have the ability to do whatever I want. If that makes you uncomfortable, that's too bad because there isn't anything you can do about it.
17 May, 2010, 3squire wrote in the 55th comment:
I am agree with Asylumius.
17 May, 2010, Koron wrote in the 56th comment:
Asylumius said:
But yes, while I'm not officially an admin or a moderator, technically speaking, I have the ability to do whatever I want. If that makes you uncomfortable, that's too bad because there isn't anything you can do about it.

While I feel that I should make some token moral objection post, I am far too amused at the blunt honesty of this to do anything but chuckle. Well played, sir.
17 May, 2010, Cratylus wrote in the 57th comment:
Asylumius said:
Well I'm glad we're both amused. It's a good train to be on.

admins in glass panties shouldn't throw stones
18 May, 2010, kiasyn wrote in the 58th comment:
Consider him a privileged developer, if it makes you feel better DH.
18 May, 2010, David Haley wrote in the 59th comment:
As I later told Asy, here and on IMC, I was not "complaing" - rest assured that had I wanted to criticize, it would have been quite clear. :) I thought it was funny, s'all.
18 May, 2010, Igabod wrote in the 60th comment:
I am going to throw my vote in for the +/- "vote" thing for tags providing you can only vote on each tag once. This will allow us to see if other users agree with the validity of the tag. I would also suggest that a tag not go on the main tags list unless it gets a vote total of at least +2 (original tag poster +1 from another user) but this may have problems which I haven't thought of yet.
40.0/62