07 Apr, 2010, Davion wrote in the 1st comment:
Votes: 0
As of now! MudBytes Forums support tagging for topics. At the moment, anyone with 10 or more posts can add a tag, but only those with more than 500 posts can delete them. This is a bit of a dry run to see how they catch.

Currently, you'll see the 'tags' section on each topic page at the bottom. In there you can add one tag at a time. Each tag is matched with an 'x' that, when clicked, removes the tag (with a confirmation box). If you go to the Boards, you'll notice each forum, and the header have a new link called 'tags'. This can group all the topics (and their respective tags) by forum, or globally. Happy taggin!

The tag system is not a rating system. Please don't remove meaningful tags. Please don't add meaningless tags.
11 Apr, 2010, Koron wrote in the 2nd comment:
If a user can't actually remove the tag, you shouldn't display the 'x' in the first place. It's a bit confusing.
13 Apr, 2010, Igabod wrote in the 3rd comment:
So what use are these tags if we can't search by tags? I put a tag on a post about skilltrees and went to search for it and got no results.
13 Apr, 2010, kiasyn wrote in the 4th comment:
Koron said:
If a user can't actually remove the tag, you shouldn't display the 'x' in the first place. It's a bit confusing.

I agree, but I can't figure out how Davion's code works :p
17 Apr, 2010, Cratylus wrote in the 5th comment:
Please don't add meaningless tags.

That's silly. If I tag something, it's a meaningful tag to me.

If you want only tags you agree with, enforce tag selection from a drop down menu,
else stop assuming everyone thinks the same way you do.
22 Apr, 2010, Mudder wrote in the 6th comment:
I'm thinking this will be judged by the community. If one of the 500+ thinks it is meaningless, then it is. *shrug*
25 Apr, 2010, Kline wrote in the 7th comment:
We need a way to "bump" tags, or something. One person tags an item, 5 people may agree with it. How do those 6 as a whole show they all agree? Then one person disagrees and nukes it; what happened to majority rules?
29 Apr, 2010, Tyche wrote in the 8th comment:
Sorry but the tag system is totally worthless.
Not going to play tag wars anymore.
29 Apr, 2010, Davion wrote in the 9th comment:
Ya know, deeming it worthless because two opinion-based tags of yours got removed, and then going on to remove a whole bunch of meaningful, factual tags isn't a good way to get your point across ;). After your recent behaviour involving tags, I'm not saddened by the fact that you don't want to participate.
29 Apr, 2010, Tyche wrote in the 10th comment:
No, I removed all the meaningless tags from this [post=43058]thread[/post], because my meaningful tag on that thread had been removed 3 times.
30 Apr, 2010, Tyche wrote in the 11th comment:
"The problem with tagging is not consistency, the problem is people that demand consistency. People who insist the words, ontologies and metadata in the minds of other community members must somehow map or conform to their own."

I did EXACTLY like the person who deleted my tag did, the tag didn't conform to their narrow half-brained mouth-breathing anal-retentive perception of the thread, ergo they deleted it. So would you like me to delete ALL the tags that I HAVE added? Just reverse my work? Why the fuck should I or anyone else bother to go back, read, tag, categorize discussions on this forum if some retard is just going to delete it?

Yes, it is rather bizarre that you or whoever should also delete "opinion-based" tags on a fucking "opinion-based" thread.

Stupid.
30 Apr, 2010, Cratylus wrote in the 12th comment:
the tag didn't conform to their narrow half-brained mouth-breathing anal-retentive perception of the thread, ergo they deleted it

QFT

The tag shit is playing out stupid because of half assery in the implementation.

-Crat
http://lpmuds.net
04 May, 2010, David Haley wrote in the 13th comment:
Tyche said:
I did EXACTLY like the person who deleted my tag did, the tag didn't conform to their narrow half-brained mouth-breathing anal-retentive perception of the thread, ergo they deleted it.

So you deleted tags because you have a narrow half-brained mouth-breathing anal-retentive perception of some threads? :wink:
0.0/13