30 Jan, 2010, triskaledia wrote in the 21st comment:
Votes: 0
I've actually downed the colour from the MUD after having not only yourself, but some of my players say it was a bit extreme. The main town used to be a rainbow of colours in every description, and now I've fell back and removed all the colours and went with dark grey unless a certain word needs to stand out. But, if you're referring to the mobs colour, I just like colourful mobs. I actually like a lot of colour, but I know other players are more content with one colour.
30 Jan, 2010, triskaledia wrote in the 22nd comment:
Continuing on with this forum to a new topic. How do you make hidden files visible inside of PuTTy?
…..
Note the limit on the core file size. Remove this by adding to your file .bash_profile (in your home directory) this line:
# max core dump size in blocks
ulimit -c 16384
…..
I originally thought that I didn't have that .bash_profile, I didn't see it when scrolling through, but when I loaded WINSCP to copy out my code, I saw it was a hidden file.
30 Jan, 2010, Skol wrote in the 23rd comment:
Trisk, I'd honestly go and make two item counts, leave the stock one, but also have an inventory count (as that seems to be what you're trying to change right?).

Add inv_count as an int to your basic character structure, then in get/drop/put have it increment/decrement as the char get/drop/put's items. You can still then have the total # of items in the score. But also add an 'Inventory: %d' and have it point to that part of the char structure. IE sprintf (buf, "Inventory: %3d\r\n", ch->inv_count);

Or, you could just explain to the player that it is their total number of items. ;).
30 Jan, 2010, David Haley wrote in the 24th comment:
triskaledia said:
Continuing on with this forum to a new topic. How do you make hidden files visible inside of PuTTy?
…..
Note the limit on the core file size. Remove this by adding to your file .bash_profile (in your home directory) this line:
# max core dump size in blocks
ulimit -c 16384
…..
I originally thought that I didn't have that .bash_profile, I didn't see it when scrolling through, but when I loaded WINSCP to copy out my code, I saw it was a hidden file.

It's generally easier to create new threads for new topics. It makes searching easier, and besides people who don't care about one topic (e.g. items in containers…) might not bother to see if it contains new, unrelated stuff.

Anyhow, ls -a will show hidden files when you're logged in to your shell.
20.0/24