17 Feb, 2010, jurdendurden wrote in the 21st comment:
Votes: 0
jurdendurden said:
Ok I suck. I thought someone was mocking me. In fact it really seemed like it. But whatever. I'm just tired of people bashing this guy. He MUST know by know some of the major things he needs to fix in his mud to get it into public eyes without much scrutiny. Anyway I just got mad that I tried to defend him then got bashed myself for grammar/punctuation. I'm over it. I really shouldn't have stepped up in the first place I guess. I have too much to worry about with my own mud right now anyway.

He was making fun of Davion's grammar and punctuation, not yours. It's better to not try and defend the DBZ Admins. Members of their fraternity have long sinse given the whole genre a horrible image in the eyes of the community, and it's not something that snwclwn is helping with his constant advertisements for a cookie-cutter DBT (this is the codebase he uses) MUD. And yes, I've logged on his MUD. And then I logged on several other DBZ MUDs including the one that Dean (A Mod here) works on. The only one that wasn't similar to the rest was Dean's. The rest were all DBT MUDs and all had the same issues. (Crash Bugs, the kind that any novice programmer should know to avoid, division by zero being foremost.)

I forgot what I was talking about. Anyway.

EDIT: That quote didn't come out right….

Oh. Now I feel really stupid. Sorry Lyanic thought you were targetting me. Anyway. Yeah I've learned my lesson. Don't defend DB muds. Will have to check out Dean's though, as I used to love the series when I was younger.
17 Feb, 2010, Kayle wrote in the 22nd comment:
You might enjoy Dean's more than I did. I don't know anything about the series other than that most of the MUD based around it are run by 13 year olds with raging hormones (or people that act like it, anyway.) and they have an unnatural obsession with changing color every other letter in a not so flattering fashion. I've played muds that use a lot of color. But NOTHING comes close to most DBZ muds.
17 Feb, 2010, Fizban wrote in the 23rd comment:
Kayle said:
You might enjoy Dean's more than I did. I don't know anything about the series other than that most of the MUD based around it are run by 13 year olds with raging hormones (or people that act like it, anyway.) and they have an unnatural obsession with changing color every other letter in a not so flattering fashion. I've played muds that use a lot of color. But NOTHING comes close to most DBZ muds.

I've logged onto Dean's MUD as well. Not my cup of tea as I don't care for DBZ, but my eyes didn't bleed and it didn't crash while I was there talking to him.
18 Feb, 2010, Runter wrote in the 24th comment:
Kayle said:
I've played muds that use a lot of color. But NOTHING comes close to most DBZ muds.

I think most anime based mud designers in general must enjoy heavy color.
18 Feb, 2010, Dean wrote in the 25th comment:
Thanks for the free plug guys. :redface:
18 Feb, 2010, Lyanic wrote in the 26th comment:
Does the preceding few posts count as a promo hijack?
18 Feb, 2010, Zeno wrote in the 27th comment:
Runter said:
Kayle said:
I've played muds that use a lot of color. But NOTHING comes close to most DBZ muds.

*coughGodwarscough*
18 Feb, 2010, Lyanic wrote in the 28th comment:
Zeno said:
Runter said:
Kayle said:

*coughGodwarscough*

Actually, Godwars was never bad about that. Its derivatives, on the other hand, are - particularly Dystopians. However, the hideous color usage in Dystopian MUDs still pales in comparison to that of most DBZ MUDs.

Note: I noticed a grammar fail in my previous post. 'Does' -> 'Do'. Tis the result of changing what I initially typed without rereading it. Still, my Grammar Nazi rules must apply to me, as well.
18 Feb, 2010, David Haley wrote in the 29th comment:
Lyanic said:
Still, my Grammar Nazi rules must apply to me, as well.

Grammar nazis? Here? I daresay, the very thought is preposterous.
18 Feb, 2010, Lyanic wrote in the 30th comment:
David Haley said:
Lyanic said:
Still, my Grammar Nazi rules must apply to me, as well.

Grammar nazis? Here? I daresay, the very thought is preposterous.

You just sit around now waiting for opportunities to use that pic, don't you?
18 Feb, 2010, David Haley wrote in the 31st comment:
Lyanic said:

I could use this one if you prefer. Unless it offends you when people make follow-up jokes to your jokes. :rolleyes:
18 Feb, 2010, Lyanic wrote in the 32nd comment:
David Haley said:
Lyanic said:

I could use this one if you prefer. Unless it offends you when people make follow-up jokes to your jokes. :rolleyes:

Not offended, I just forgot to use the proper smiley to indicate the tone of the post. Retroactively insert :tongue: into my previous post.
18 Feb, 2010, Koron wrote in the 33rd comment:
I hate grammer nazi's.

(Jay kay.)
18 Feb, 2010, KaVir wrote in the 34th comment:
Zeno said:
Runter said:
Kayle said:

*coughGodwarscough*

GodWars has colour off by default. When switched on, it is used in the following places:

• Your prompt and the report command use scaled (by percentage) colours to indicate hp, mana, etc.

• Tells and replies are highlighted white.

• Successful disarm and trip messages are highlighted white.

• The message you receive for improving a weapon skill, stance or magic colour to the next level is highlighted white.

• The message you receive for casting a spell is coloured to indicate the magic colour of the spell.

• Blood stains on the ground are coloured red.

• That's it. None on the who list, none in descriptions, none on the public channels, etc. It's actually pretty bare by the standards of modern muds, certainly not what I'd consider "heavy colour".

GW2 uses a lot more colour, but not for cosmetic purposes - it's used to draw attention to important information.
    18 Feb, 2010, Zeno wrote in the 35th comment:
    I think I meant Dystopia, looking over the GW MUDs I played that has color out the ass.
    18 Feb, 2010, Lyanic wrote in the 36th comment:
    Zeno said:
    I think I meant Dystopia, looking over the GW MUDs I played that has color out the ass.

Yes. Now, never make that mistake again. :sad:
    19 Feb, 2010, Cratylus wrote in the 37th comment:
    Zeno said:

http://lpmuds.net/dystopia.jpg
    21 Feb, 2010, snwclown wrote in the 38th comment:
    well players,
    Players DragonBall Resurrection Of Truth is going no where we are here to stay and that is a good thing since there are several changes being made,
    we are under going several changes including color which several are bashing at least its not the plain white .
    and we are always adding zones we have several active builders so come see the progress and submit any ideas that would benfit the mud thank you for your time and and bashing .
    address moemuds.com
    port 4002

and like i have stated before we always like to see fresh faces in the mud world so come join

Also we are always hiring good builder so visit us on the mud or email me at snwclown2000@yahoo.com
    22 Feb, 2010, Fizban wrote in the 39th comment:
    snwclown said:
    we are under going several changes including color which several are bashing at least its not the plain white .

Nothing wrong with plan white. When I read a book it is after all plain black.
    22 Feb, 2010, kiasyn wrote in the 40th comment:
    Fizban said:
    snwclown said:

Nothing wrong with plan white. When I read a book it is after all plain black.

This is very definitely a preference thing.

I can't stand playing MUDs without colour. Can't distinguish the information at all.
    20.0/42