27 Oct, 2006, Vladaar wrote in the 21st comment:
Votes: 0
Well unfortunately, we probablly won't come close to the graphics that Kiasyn is talking about.

We are 2 dimensional, with a 3 dimensional engine that uses the tile system 2 dimensionals use. We can do some cool stuff, but are limited by my, and others graphic skills.

This is a screen shot that the engine we use has, our characters that we are making, our about 2.5 times larger, and more in proportion then the one seen there.

27 Oct, 2006, Guest wrote in the 22nd comment:
Nothing wrong IMO with a 2D graphic engine as long as the gameplay is there. One of the more interesting games I played in recent years was called Devil Whiskey. By today's graphical standards, not all that exciting. But the storyline was involving enough that I paid for a full version after having downloaded the demo and run it as far as it would go.

Vlad, that screenshot looks pretty good. At least as good as the old Ultima games I used to love. It looks like you guys have got something quite interesting in the works so far.
27 Oct, 2006, kiasyn wrote in the 23rd comment:
wow, samson paid for a game?!?! :P
27 Oct, 2006, Guest wrote in the 24th comment:
Lol. I've paid for plenty of them actually. Not the least of which was the most recent CRPG I played - Oblivion. Still drag it out from time to time to roam the countryside and admire the graphics and such. Even still run into things I didn't know about after all this time too.
18 Sep, 2007, TaylorZell wrote in the 25th comment:
I have played multiple MMORPGs and not all of them were pay to play. I have just found that the ones that are actually pay to play are the more interesting ones. These interesting ones are usually the ones that get the private servers that allow you to have the same game play without the cost. I would recommend looking into private servers for certain games. You never know, you might actually like to play these games.
18 Sep, 2007, Guest wrote in the 26th comment:
A private server has one serious disadvantage though. If the company that produces the game finds out it exists, and doesn't appreciate the idea much, you run the risk of losing everything to a cease and desist order. Or worse if you're the one running the private server - you lose everything to a massive lawsuit you can't win.

Private servers are useful to the end user in one pretty important way. They let you check out the game and decide if you like it or not. That's not even something you can do with most store bought single player games that aren't online based. If you buy junk, you're usually stuck with junk because most retailers will knowingly violate your right to the refund because they count on your ignorance of the license agreement.
18 Sep, 2007, TaylorZell wrote in the 27th comment:
That is true, I for one do not agree with the running of private servers, but once you have played a MMORPG on a private server you never want to go back to retail. True that if you are caught running a private server you can have charges pressed, but it all depends on how far the owner of the game wishes to take it. They might simply ask you to stop the server and not do it again.
18 Sep, 2007, Brinson wrote in the 28th comment:
Very few major businesses are going to spend millions on a lawsuit to win money they'll never get from someone who isn't making any money.

They will, however, have one of their attorneys on retainer dance up a nice and threatening cease and desist and make you piss your pants, or send it to your ISP and just have your service pulled. They're very unlikely to take it to a lawsuit, though, because they have nothing to gain from doing it.

In the end, for them, its about money. They lose money when the private server is up, but if they can take it down for basically nothing with a letter, they'll do that over an extensive lawsuit which is very likely to lose them money, as most people can't afford to pay what they'll spend on attorney fees.
19 Sep, 2007, Guest wrote in the 29th comment:
I have little doubt the companies would stop you with as little effort as possible. But there are software communist types out there who will ignore C&D orders and are either the ISP or someone with enough pull at the ISP to thumb their nose at the company and force them to a lawsuit - all for the publicity.
20.0/29