14 Dec, 2009, JohnnyStarr wrote in the 81st comment:
Votes: 0
Won't someone please think about Goku's feelings.

14 Dec, 2009, Tyche wrote in the 82nd comment:
Cratylus said:
Oh man. Thank you for reminding me of the single silliest, pettiest controversy on MB ever. "What
colors does Cratylus use on his mud client?"

I had no idea that was even remotely controversial. I use Reflections and MushClient which by default have white background. I got used to it and prefer it even though MushClient changed the default to black some years ago.
14 Dec, 2009, Cratylus wrote in the 83rd comment:
Tyche said:
I had no idea that was even remotely controversial.

A while back some crappy mud was flamed for bad colors. I logged in, took a screenshot, posted it.

People decided that my black-on-white scheme was intentional to make them look bad.

Asked why I chose that scheme, I said "Conscious choice", meaning that I like that theme.

People decided this was confirmation I did it on purpose to make them look bad.

It was the stupidest controversy in the world.

I can't believe it actually happened, but it actually happened. Perhaps the fact that this site is run mostly
by DBZ admins or ex DBZ admins lends more credence to it.

-Crat
http://lpmuds.net
14 Dec, 2009, JohnnyStarr wrote in the 84th comment:
A lot of my first mudding was done using Windows 3.1 terminal.
No, I'm not that oldschool, but I inherited our old "Packard Bell" and it was the only thing I had.
And it was white:

15 Dec, 2009, quixadhal wrote in the 85th comment:
My first MUD terminal.

15 Dec, 2009, Confuto wrote in the 86th comment:
Cratylus said:
To satisfy your curiosity, note the font. Note the absence of echoed commands. That there is
telnet.exe called from cmd.exe on Windows XP. I just happened to be on a non-preferred
computer at the time, and didn't feel like switching to a more pleasant rig.

I thought my winking smiley made clear the humorous nature of my post. Apparently not. :sad:
15 Dec, 2009, Lyanic wrote in the 87th comment:
Confuto said:
Cratylus said:
To satisfy your curiosity, note the font. Note the absence of echoed commands. That there is
telnet.exe called from cmd.exe on Windows XP. I just happened to be on a non-preferred
computer at the time, and didn't feel like switching to a more pleasant rig.

I thought my winking smiley made clear the humorous nature of my post. Apparently not. :sad:

To be safe, make sure to use proper <sarcasm></sarcasm> flags in future humorous posts.

Also, if I go on a thread derailing rampage with lots of profanity, flaming and trolling, can this thread be locked?

+9001 to thread lock…
15 Dec, 2009, Runter wrote in the 88th comment:
Crat said:
If folks really want to keep up on my client preferences, I'll set up a blog you can all follow
the latest juicy tidbits on what scandalous colors are heaving their luscious pixels on my screen.

Do ettt.
15 Dec, 2009, snwclown wrote in the 89th comment:
with respect fizban i havent been on here in about a week almost why do you keep on we are working on correcting of gliches and i could care less if you play my mud
and really dnt care if you do
15 Dec, 2009, Orrin wrote in the 90th comment:
I think this thread has outlived its usefulness.
80.0/90