11 Oct, 2009, kiasyn wrote in the 1st comment:
Votes: 0
Today, a couple big steps towards a better MUDBytes have been taken.

We are repealing the rule http://www.mudbytes.net/index.php?a=topi...
Rules said:
* Topics and/or posts on religion and/or politics are not permitted here. An exception is made for discussion of in-game specific politics and religion.
+ As a secondary to this, topics on Darwinism/biological evolution are also not permitted as they have a high chance of sparking religious flamewars.
+ Other topics will be judged as needed at the discretion of the MudBytes staff.

and instead replacing it with:

Rules said:
* Controversial topics should be discussed in the Controversial Forum - topics may be moved or split here as required.
+ Within this forum, anything goes, unmoderated, BUT may not leak to other forums.
+ This forum is not published in the RSS feed, in the recent posts modlet on the front page, or in the recent posts page, by entering the forum you accept that you may see upsetting content.

Please expect topics to be moved over the next few days to better suit this.

We are also announcing that Samson has been removed from the admin team. At this point in time, we do not wish to disclose the circumstances of his removal. He is still a welcome member of the site and we expect you all to treat him like any other member.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact a moderator or admin.

Sam
MUDBytes Administration Team
11 Oct, 2009, Guest wrote in the 2nd comment:
Have fun with your new cespool. I've no further need to bother wasting time on a place that would rather sacrifice admins in order to appease trolls. You can feel free to delete my account any time you want.
11 Oct, 2009, Cratylus wrote in the 3rd comment:
The controversial topics board is a good idea.
11 Oct, 2009, Kayle wrote in the 4th comment:
Mmm. This is a good idea. Now all the MUD Related content in the recent posts, and people can go looking for other stuff if they want.
11 Oct, 2009, Minori wrote in the 5th comment:
Thank you.
11 Oct, 2009, flumpy wrote in the 6th comment:
Great idea.

This is exactly what I had in mind about 3 weeks ago. 3 weeks too late but welcome non-the-less.

Sorry to see Samson acting this way tho, I thought we might be getting somewhere. Oh well.
11 Oct, 2009, ATT_Turan wrote in the 7th comment:
Good move on making the hidden forum and changing the rules wording.
11 Oct, 2009, shasarak wrote in the 8th comment:
I dare say my opinion doesn't count for much around here, and probably with good reason; but, for what it's worth, I'm squarely in favour of both of these decisions. Good job, guys.
0.0/8