01 Oct, 2006, Guest wrote in the 1st comment:
Votes: 0
Mine certainly does.
01 Oct, 2006, Davion wrote in the 2nd comment:
Not sure what browser your using, but that problem sounds like one we've had with IE since the start. Only about 2% of our userbase uses this resolution so I guess we neglect to test it. At any rate, this will go on the 'todo' list near the bottom as we have slightly more pressing matters to focus on
01 Oct, 2006, Guest wrote in the 3rd comment:
Well the richest man in software design doesn't use "to do" lists.
01 Oct, 2006, Guest wrote in the 4th comment:
Maybe the richest man in software design doesn't use to-do lists because he's not actually doing anything anymore? Or perhaps he's a genius with a photographic memory? Or he's very well organized to the point of simply not needing one? And of course, he probably does this for a living which is why he's so rich.

We have lives which require our attention. So a to-do list is a good idea. That way stuff doesn't get forgotten. Frankly I think Davion is being extremely generous to consider taking the time to see if he can fix the problem with 800x600. To be perfectly honest, I considered it low priority enough to be an acceptable casualty since at best only 2% of our visitors use that resolution. It was a battle enough to get it working at 1024x768, but we had to because the majority of our users are still at that level.
01 Oct, 2006, Guest wrote in the 5th comment:
No he said he didn't like To-Do lists back in 1999. Well, I'm a genius with photographic memory and I don't like them either. But more so, Bill and I agree on the following: we like to get it done, period.
01 Oct, 2006, Dragona wrote in the 6th comment:
Well for those that don't have an actual life to live then that works great, but for those of us that do have other things to do, to-do lists make sure that all those pesky little things that others want done will eventually get there.
01 Oct, 2006, Guest wrote in the 7th comment:
Bill Gates has a life. He's the richest man in Tech, possibly in all industries. He owns two of the most successful and well endowed organizations in the world.
01 Oct, 2006, Conner wrote in the 8th comment:
So what? Perhaps you're saying that you prefer to get your code from the Windows Updater site?

Personally, I use 1024x768 resolution so I wouldn't know what the site looks like in 800x600, nor care.
01 Oct, 2006, Guest wrote in the 9th comment:
No I'm saying I prefer Putty.exe
01 Oct, 2006, Zeno wrote in the 10th comment:
Are you talking about this issue?
http://www.mudbytes.net/index.php?a=topi...
01 Oct, 2006, Conner wrote in the 11th comment:
locke said:
No I'm saying I prefer Putty.exe

And your screen resolution affects mudbytes under putty how exactly? Last time I used putty, web browsing really wasn't one of its many components that I even considered looking for…
01 Oct, 2006, Brinson wrote in the 12th comment:
I had this problem and it was fixed by lowering the text size.
01 Oct, 2006, Conner wrote in the 13th comment:
There you go, a nice simple solution.
01 Oct, 2006, Justice wrote in the 14th comment:
locke said:
Bill Gates has a life. He's the richest man in Tech, possibly in all industries. He owns two of the most successful and well endowed organizations in the world.

Well then, if "bill gates" is the man you're talking about who doesn't use todo lists…

That might explain a few things like, why are there so many bugs in microsoft software that don't get fixed.

In fact… the specific issue in question relates to how internet explorer does not meet the CSS standard for how horizontal width is allocated. This causes the central section to clear the left column and sometimes the right column.

Apparently meeting world standards isn't on his todo list.
01 Oct, 2006, Conner wrote in the 15th comment:
Justice said:
Apparently meeting world standards isn't on his todo list.

I thought his todo list only included "Make the world meet my standards." :wink:
01 Oct, 2006, Brinson wrote in the 16th comment:
IE doesn't have to meet world standards, it IS the world standard.
01 Oct, 2006, Conner wrote in the 17th comment:
Not in my world.
01 Oct, 2006, Guest wrote in the 18th comment:
Brinson said:
IE doesn't have to meet world standards, it IS the world standard.

Not according to the W3C it isn't. :)
01 Oct, 2006, Brinson wrote in the 19th comment:
http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/2001/01/22-stat...

I believe those stats range from IE holding 60% of users to 80%, and they are links from the W3C website.
01 Oct, 2006, Justice wrote in the 20th comment:
That doesn't make them the world standard. Microsoft is a member of the W3C and participates in the creation of those standards along with hundreds of other companies around the world.

If you look strictly at browser %'s yeah, most people use IE. Many of those people use IE by convenience and have no opinion for or against. You'll notice if you look though, that the number of IE users has been steadily declining.

The biggest reason I've seen is security holes and bugs. Most serious web developers I know use Firefox or Opera for their personal use, and IE to test layouts.

Edit: I also notice the date of those statistics is 5 years ago.
0.0/38