28 Sep, 2009, Dean wrote in the 21st comment:
Votes: 0
David Haley said:
I wasn't saying it was creepy… not sure why you addressed that to me, Dean. :wink:

Nvm, I thought you were saying it was creepy: "So… yeah… anyhoo." But that's what I get for reading MB with a massive hangover. :thinking:
28 Sep, 2009, Guest wrote in the 22nd comment:
ATT_Turan said:
Dude, of course it's creepy - would you want some guy with green hair and no shirt ogling old pictures of you? :wink:

As long as I didn't know about it…. :devil:
28 Sep, 2009, Grumny wrote in the 23rd comment:
ATT_Turan said:
Dude, of course it's creepy - would you want some guy with green hair and no shirt ogling old pictures of you? :wink:

You seem to be implying that this poor woman does not realize that some guy with green hair and no shirt will be ogling her Miss December picture. I think this assumption is rather weak. I thought those pictures were for the purpose of ogling. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong. I need to stop my ogling. It's creepy, apparently.
28 Sep, 2009, Ssolvarain wrote in the 24th comment:
It is if it's personal :tongue:

Now get back on topic FFS.
28 Sep, 2009, flumpy wrote in the 25th comment:
Can I just clarify: what I was saying was that if she found out that he was digging it might look bad on him, and seem like he was being a bit stalker-like.. I know he's not, and that he's just interested, but if I found out someone had been googlin' me* I'd be a bit worried and not be that interested any more.

That's why I said "perhaps it would be better to ask her" instead of 'going behind her back' like this**.

[edit * like, if it came up in casual conversation or if i was using someone's pc to do work or something and found some pics, or even if I seached for his handle "cause he mentioned he was called Igabod on the internetz" … wutever ]

[edit] ** You never know, it could be a very good conversation piece and she might even find it flattering that you want to see those calendars… :D
28 Sep, 2009, Grumny wrote in the 26th comment:
Well, then, if that was the case, then yeah, I'd think it creepy, too. :tongue:

My apologies. :smile:
28 Sep, 2009, Sandi wrote in the 27th comment:
I find it intriguing that some of you guys find this "creepy".

Personally, I think once a woman hits thirty she'd MUCH rather have a guy looking at ten year old pictures. :wink:
28 Sep, 2009, David Haley wrote in the 28th comment:
Would the woman want people to post up all this information so that total strangers can rummage around her past for these cheerleader calendar pictures as well? I think that's something that is bothering people here. If I met somebody, it would be one thing if that person looked me up online, but it would be another if that person enlisted a whole bunch of friends-and-or-strangers in trying to find out about my past. Dunno, just my opinion. If indeed the lady in question would prefer that he look at older pictures, then presumably she would not mind simply providing them. :wink:
28 Sep, 2009, Guest wrote in the 29th comment:
The price of becoming a public figure is that the public will be interested in anything you've done in a public manner, such as being on a national sports team's cheerleading squad, and posing for pictures in a calendar published by the team. It would be entirely different if he were to have come here and asked for her home address and phone number. He's merely asking for help in finding something that's already been published in a public manner and would be no different than if he'd come here for help in finding a picture of one of us that had made it into the newspaper one day.
28 Sep, 2009, David Haley wrote in the 30th comment:
I think that the behavior of certain people with respect to certain public figures is actually very creepy, and can certainly border on stalking. I don't think Iggy's request is anything like that, but I don't think that just because you have stuff published about you means that everything you've done is fair game to be dragged up from the past. I'd be somewhat bothered if somebody I met but didn't really know started trying to figure out what I was like 10+ years ago and details of my life, even if such things were "public" (e.g. a school newspaper). Anyhow, not a huge deal, I was just trying to point out why some people might consider this slightly inappropriate (I think it's the fact that it's being asked in public like this that is important).
28 Sep, 2009, Tyche wrote in the 31st comment:
Igabod said:
…I am curious to see how hot she was in her 20's. Problem is, my google skills are horrid and I'm not having any luck.

I just realized, that that "google" stands for "go ogle"…
Anyway I'd be more interested in how she looks in her 40's or 50's, but sadly google doesn't support this…yet. ;-)
28 Sep, 2009, Tyche wrote in the 32nd comment:
David Haley said:
I'd be somewhat bothered if somebody I met but didn't really know started trying to figure out what I was like 10+ years ago and details of my life, even if such things were "public" (e.g. a school newspaper).

I can only imagine what the next generation of politicians will have to go through.
28 Sep, 2009, Sandi wrote in the 33rd comment:
Tyche said:
I just realized, that that "google" stands for "go ogle"…

:biggrin:
Tyche said:
Anyway I'd be more interested in how she looks in her 40's or 50's, but sadly google doesn't support this…yet. ;-)

My grandfather once cautioned my brothers, before they got serious about a girl, to take a good look at her mother. :wink:
28 Sep, 2009, Tyche wrote in the 34th comment:
Sandi said:
My grandfather once cautioned my brothers, before they got serious about a girl, to take a good look at her mother. :wink:

I've heard that. He'd be better off googling mom's facebook or myspace page.
Then again she might take after her father. ;-)
29 Sep, 2009, ATT_Turan wrote in the 35th comment:
Grumny said:
ATT_Turan said:

You seem to be implying that this poor woman does not realize that some guy with green hair and no shirt will be ogling her Miss December picture. I think this assumption is rather weak. I thought those pictures were for the purpose of ogling. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong. I need to stop my ogling. It's creepy, apparently.

The smilie at the end of my post indicated humorous intent.
29 Sep, 2009, Sandi wrote in the 36th comment:
Oh, I think Grumny's intent was humor, as well.

(I have to admit though, I never realised he had green hair!)
29 Sep, 2009, David Haley wrote in the 37th comment:
Tyche said:
David Haley said:
I'd be somewhat bothered if somebody I met but didn't really know started trying to figure out what I was like 10+ years ago and details of my life, even if such things were "public" (e.g. a school newspaper).

I can only imagine what the next generation of politicians will have to go through.

Considering what the upcoming generation of employees has to go through just when getting a job (no, your FB page isn't a personal diary), the idea of this generation dealing with becoming politicians is very frightening. The sheer amount of stuff that can be dug up about people is mind-boggling, and I don't think we'll really understand the ramifications as a society for a few more years to come. (Then again, maybe people will care less about certain things, as there is a collective realization about the "new world" of information availability. Dunno.)
29 Sep, 2009, Dean wrote in the 38th comment:
Considering how many stories surface these days over employees getting the sack because they posted something distasteful about their boss &/or job on their facebook makes me wonder if we've actually relaxed our stance on information privacy in our everyday lives that some people just don't exercise caution when they do post something on the internet.

Obviously the solution to the above is A) Don't post this stuff on FB (Like DH said, it isn't a personal diary) or B) Don't add your boss. :wink:

I'm sure as the years roll on by, things will only get worse. I can actually imagine a cheating husband or wife gloating about their affair by accident on one of these sites in the future. :lol:
29 Sep, 2009, David Haley wrote in the 39th comment:
Dean said:
I can actually imagine a cheating husband or wife gloating about their affair by accident on one of these sites in the future. :lol:

Don't really need to look to the future for that, at least judging from what I've seen. :thinking:

Dean said:
Obviously the solution to the above is A) Don't post this stuff on FB (Like DH said, it isn't a personal diary) or B) Don't add your boss. :wink:

The thing is that it's not just adding your boss: it's being draconian with all of your friends and then your privacy settings. A lot of people think it's reasonable to let friends of friends view your profile, for instance. Well, this is fine, until somebody (your boss?) is a friend of a friend. Interestingly enough, when FB first came around, there was a rush to 'friend' just about everybody you met, with the result of some people have hundreds if not truly thousands of friends. Recently this trend has started reversing, I think, with people removing friends from their list unless they actually know the person even somewhat. (Knowing, as opposed to bumping into them at a party once.)
29 Sep, 2009, Chris Bailey wrote in the 40th comment:
Dean, that is inspirational. If I knew it wouldn't spiral into a horrible pile of poo, I'd gloat about an affair just to see how long it takes the information to make it to my wife.
20.0/66