22 Sep, 2009, lnewlfe wrote in the 1st comment:
Votes: 0
For an admin also involved in building, what do you recommend? Im running Ubuntu 8.04. New to linux, not sure some of the software out there, and on MC theres a SLEW of clients. What do you folks use?

Random question: Whats a slew, and how many are in a slew?
22 Sep, 2009, Zeno wrote in the 2nd comment:
MUSHclient under WINE? :)
22 Sep, 2009, David Haley wrote in the 3rd comment:
You can use MUSHclient under Wine, which is what I do when I do serious development. Otherwise, I use tinyfugue, mainly because there are enough things that irk me about tintin++ that I prefer tf. Finally, if tf isn't available, I use tintin++, and if that's not around, I use telnet.

There are Linux-specific GUI apps, but I don't really know any. The ones I tried (can't remember their names) were fairly basic, not much more than a GUI around telnet with trigger/alias support.
22 Sep, 2009, shasarak wrote in the 4th comment:
lnewlfe said:
Random question: Whats a slew, and how many are in a slew?

I think the original meaning is something like "flood", it's not a precise number. :smile:
22 Sep, 2009, David Haley wrote in the 5th comment:
Random trivia: slew comes from the Irish (Gaelic) sluagh (slag), meaning "crowd" or "multitude".
22 Sep, 2009, lnewlfe wrote in the 6th comment:
Learn something new every day.
22 Sep, 2009, Scandum wrote in the 7th comment:
TinTin++ is probably the way to go if you're familiar with zMud, it's more powerful than tinyfugue while remaining fairly easy to learn, is multi-platform, and has an active forum if you need help with anything.
22 Sep, 2009, Hyper_Eye wrote in the 8th comment:
Papaya is still my favorite but it hasn't been maintained in years and is hard to find. I have the last source code release and I maintain the code enough to keep using it myself. This is a Gtk+2 client.

The next client I use is Kmuddy which is a good actively developed client for KDE4.

Finally, I use tintin++ on anything and everything including Linux. If I am at work I ssh to home and this is what I use.
23 Sep, 2009, elanthis wrote in the 9th comment:
I use a set of magnets, LEDs, and a sheathless Ethernet wire for my MUD client.
23 Sep, 2009, Cratylus wrote in the 10th comment:
butterflies
0.0/10