13 Dec, 2006, Tyche wrote in the 61st comment:
Votes: 0
Darien said:
his so-called 'olc' is just a hack-job on other peoples works

If you and cbunting are going to make unsubstantiated claims like the above, then you are no better than Locke.
13 Dec, 2006, Omega wrote in the 62nd comment:
tyche, read through his works, you will find all sorts of stuff that are not his in the olc, especialy if you grab his original code, there are interesting 'similarities' to other peoples released works of the time.

Thats how i base my fact that it is a hackjob of other peoples works. plus he really doesn't give credit to any of the snippets he has used throughout his code (which are plentyful)
13 Dec, 2006, Tyche wrote in the 63rd comment:
Darien said:
tyche, read through his works, you will find all sorts of stuff that are not his in the olc, especialy if you grab his original code, there are interesting 'similarities' to other peoples released works of the time.

I have and I don't believe there are. However, in the interest of keeping an open mind, would you provide some specific examples of your allegations of code theft IRT TheIsles OLC?
13 Dec, 2006, Omega wrote in the 64th comment:
i'll be more then happy to on the weekend once my leave starts and i have the time to prune through it again.

I used to run a NiMud back in 96, and became rather intimate with it for a time but chose to go with rom for my muds ultimate design, don't remember why i moved to rom though, but in anycase, yeah, on the weekend i'll prune through it for examples to substantiate my claims :)
18 Dec, 2006, Scandum wrote in the 65th comment:
In the case of auto linking I prefer virtual coordinates above a grid.

Auto spacing, debugging, and highlighting of scripts is also a plus, given builders on my mud spend roughly 80% of their time on progs.
19 Dec, 2006, Conner wrote in the 66th comment:
Scandum said:
In the case of auto linking I prefer virtual coordinates above a grid.

Auto spacing, debugging, and highlighting of scripts is also a plus, given builders on my mud spend roughly 80% of their time on progs.

We are still talking in-game (via telnet without requiring MXP support) here, right?

Auto spacing sounds good.. debugging seems like a reasonable idea, if a bit challenging to impliment.. but highlighting of scripts, via straight telnet with mud clients that don't typically handle real ansi nearly as well as BBS clients used to, and without resorting to MXP (or, even worse, some other propriatary protocol) which would require certain specific clients in order to take advantage of it?
19 Dec, 2006, Scandum wrote in the 67th comment:
Conner said:
We are still talking in-game (via telnet without requiring MXP support) here, right?

Yup.
19 Dec, 2006, Conner wrote in the 68th comment:
So how do you do the highlighting then?
20 Dec, 2006, kiasyn wrote in the 69th comment:
You can still do it with normal ANSI. it doesnt have to be that fancy.
20 Dec, 2006, Conner wrote in the 70th comment:
Hmm, I didn't think most mud clients could handle real ansi.. but then, I suppose if all you're doing is applying a background color, that's true enough.
20 Dec, 2006, Scandum wrote in the 71st comment:
Syntax highlighting is generally done with foreground colors.
60.0/71