29 Jul, 2009, Thelgor wrote in the 1st comment:
Votes: 0
I'm looking to acquire the python.h file for BetterMUD as created by Ron Penton and published in MUD Game Programming. I don't believe this falls under the copyright ruling for the site but if I am wrong, I will accept that decision and retract my request. The file in question is located under BetterMUD\Scripts\Python from the source code. I have all the other files; just missing this one.

I understand, from having done a search on the term on the site, that his design and implementation may not be viewed favorably; I'm not even sure I find it all that attractive as a design. But, it is helping me analyze code as I'm attempting to get it compiled on my system; both in terms of C++ programming and in terms of using SWIG.

Any help would be appreciated.
29 Jul, 2009, Erok wrote in the 2nd comment:
Are you sure there's a missing file?

Based on the SourceForge CVS contents uploaded by the author (click here), that file isn't part of the distribution.

Also, it should be legal to make a copy of the distribution available here since it is open source.
29 Jul, 2009, Davion wrote in the 3rd comment:
That linked CVS distro also lacks the python.h file. It might be an include missing though. Make sure your server has the right python libs installed (if you don't know, ask your sysadmin!)
29 Jul, 2009, Tyche wrote in the 4th comment:
It's found in one's Python installation.
30 Jul, 2009, Thelgor wrote in the 5th comment:
Thanks for the help.

I thought I had installed the Python dev files but I hadn't. Now I've got the damned thing compiled.
0.0/5