25 Jul, 2009, flumpy wrote in the 1st comment:
Votes: 0
I have just uploaded my custom codebase groovymud to the repo again, this time version 0.3.2-alpha. Apologies for the large 11MB size again, I will (at some point) start working on an installation script that downloads dependencies when required separately.

Get it here

This is mainly a bug fix release, including some large ones, but if you missed it 0.3.1 also has a demo shop where you can buy, well, pretty much anything (although made out of cardboard ;)). It also a couple example event handling and behavioural mobs.

You can try it out here (telnet://zeno.biyg.org:2223). The area is still not very big, and I am sure there are many bugs to be found, but it gives you an example of what I've done.

I have some really good ideas that I want to implement, but I still would appreciate some help in the form of testing.

Have fun :D
25 Jul, 2009, Runter wrote in the 2nd comment:
A lot of projects out there just tell you what the dependancies are (and sometimes a link) with maybe a little instruction list. I don't really see the point of distributing them since it's within the realm of possibility that someone interesting in developing in Groovy/Java may already have some of these dependancies installed.

But looks good. I like Groovy quite a bit.
25 Jul, 2009, flumpy wrote in the 3rd comment:
Runter said:
A lot of projects out there just tell you what the dependancies are (and sometimes a link) with maybe a little instruction list. I don't really see the point of distributing them since it's within the realm of possibility that someone interesting in developing in Groovy/Java may already have some of these dependancies installed.

But looks good. I like Groovy quite a bit.

It's just the way maven is building and packaging them for me atm. It's useful for me to deploy them to zeno's server this way, but I understand what you are saying ;)

Since I am just "learning" Groovy, I started from a pure Java prespective, so it is very java oriented in its set up. It even uses a .sh script still!!

One day I will totally get Groovy, man.

m
0.0/3