24 Jul, 2009, Dubstack wrote in the 21st comment:
Votes: 0
I mean to give everyone copyright to the mud From Iovan to me to Whats his name the guy who made Circle code just saying.
24 Jul, 2009, Cratylus wrote in the 22nd comment:
Xrakisis said:
I wouldnt edit copyright stuff, i think previous copyright holders tend to frown upon that sort of thing.

He meant "copyright stuff that has to be added", even though he wrote "copyright stuff that has to be edit".

It is frightening and sad that my brain is beginning to assimilate and understand dubspeak. I feel dirty.
24 Jul, 2009, Xrakisis wrote in the 23rd comment:
i laughed so hard i think i pulled a muscle.

It is frightening and sad that my brain is beginning to assimilate and understand dubspeak. I feel dirty.
24 Jul, 2009, flumpy wrote in the 24th comment:
Xrakisis said:
i laughed so hard i think i pulled a muscle.

I laughed so hard at you laughing so hard I think I pulled lol string
24 Jul, 2009, Cratylus wrote in the 25th comment:
lol u guise
24 Jul, 2009, David Haley wrote in the 26th comment:
lol lol I <3 you guise rofflemaow
24 Jul, 2009, Dubstack wrote in the 27th comment:
Anyhow I am looking for builders like I said need a few.
25 Jul, 2009, Runter wrote in the 28th comment:
Dubstack said:
Anyhow I am looking for builders like I said need a few.

You know what you can do with your DBZ mud?
25 Jul, 2009, Xrakisis wrote in the 29th comment:
Damn! Runter, Harsh!
25 Jul, 2009, Guest wrote in the 30th comment:
So are you guys all done being pricks now?
25 Jul, 2009, Xrakisis wrote in the 31st comment:
im not being a prick, dubstack cant type very well, but hes trying, runter was just plain mean..
25 Jul, 2009, Guest wrote in the 32nd comment:
Xrakisis said:
im not being a prick, dubstack cant type very well, but hes trying, runter was just plain mean..

Should probably avoid picking on someone's typing when your own is in bad shape too.

And really. Don't you guys have better things to do than be jerks about this?
25 Jul, 2009, Xrakisis wrote in the 33rd comment:
Samson, i know my typings not great.. but your my hero :)
25 Jul, 2009, tphegley wrote in the 34th comment:
you're != your

I can do it too!

Just kidding. I think the mood is kind of light hearted in here. I don't think anyone's being jerkish about it. Maybe Runter? Not sure.

Dubstuck isn't taking it personally, people are just having a go at him. He's taking it well. He's also actually learned how to compile and run a codebase!
25 Jul, 2009, Xrakisis wrote in the 35th comment:
i have an excuse for my your.. two vicodin and 12 beers :P
im not implying anything.. i know my previous comment about dubstacks bad grammer might make it sound as if i am but im honestly just being defensive.
25 Jul, 2009, Chris Bailey wrote in the 36th comment:
You guys are all big meanies. Dubstack is one of our bright new upstarts! I'm excited to have him as a valued member of our community. Welcome again Dubstack! =)
25 Jul, 2009, Chris Bailey wrote in the 37th comment:
Maybe upstart was the wrong word, parvenu perhaps? Leave me alone grammar nazi's, I know your coming!

EDIT: My grammer sux0rs =(
25 Jul, 2009, Confuto wrote in the 38th comment:
Chris Bailey said:
EDIT: My grammer sux0rs =(

sux0rs != sux0rz, bro.
25 Jul, 2009, Chris Bailey wrote in the 39th comment:
You see what I mean??? =)
25 Jul, 2009, Igabod wrote in the 40th comment:
Sorry dub I didn't understand that you were using a dbt codebase. The point remains though that you probably shouldn't be in any kind of player testing mode yet. You are what would be called pre-alpha.

The link given on the previous page said:
n contrast to alpha and beta versions, the pre-alpha is not feature complete. When it is used, it refers to all activities performed during the software project prior to software testing. These activities can include requirements analysis, software design, software development and unit testing.

In typical open source development, there are several types of pre-alpha versions. Milestone versions include specific sets of functions and are released as soon as the functionality is complete. Nightly builds are versions that are usually automatically checked out from the revision control system and built, typically overnight; these versions allow the testers to test the recently implemented functionality immediately, and find the new bugs.

The only testers you should have right now are your staff. You might even "hire" one or two dedicated testers but they wouldn't be player testers. I am not trying to make you feel stupid or anything, I've been in the same position you are and was educated in my errors by the mudding community at large. I am only trying to help you out here so that you might find as much success as you can.

As for the rest of you guys with the jokes, that is all fine and dandy but not on someone's advertisement unless you accompany it with some useful advice. This is supposed to be just a standard advertisement for staff and players (though it may be too soon for players) and somehow it has gone to 3 pages with only a handful of useful posts. Posts like the one above mine by Confuto have no place on this board really. Sorry to single you out confuto but your post is right above this box so it makes an easy target.

Now I hope we can all get back to the point here and help Dubstack out. He needs people to help him test his mud for bugs and functionality. I know at least a few of you are DBZ fans and skilled mudders so why not help the man out. (I'm assuming man but if I'm wrong please forgive me.)
20.0/227