12 Sep, 2006, Brinson wrote in the 1st comment:
Votes: 0
For me, the forum is WAY down at the bottom of the website which means I have to scroll down a bunch every time a new page loads.

Is this just me? I am running AOL explorer, which is IE with a new look and extra functionality. Despite the AOL name, its a good browser. I also have 1280 x 1024 resolution.

Just me or anyone else like this too?
12 Sep, 2006, Zeno wrote in the 2nd comment:
How far down? Got a screenshot? I mean, I think it's fine for me. I'm typing in quick reply just fine when my page is scrolled all the way up.
13 Sep, 2006, Brinson wrote in the 3rd comment:
I can't take one screen shot and get it, even with this resolution, but I'll take a couple and crop them together. Gimme a bit.
13 Sep, 2006, Brinson wrote in the 4th comment:
13 Sep, 2006, Zeno wrote in the 5th comment:
Try lowering the text size, see if that helps.

Is that a Mac you're using, btw? That may be the problem, but I'm not certain.
13 Sep, 2006, Conner wrote in the 6th comment:
Hadn't Samson said something about some issues with IE?

Of course, issues with AOL itself are well known, but probably beyond the scope of this discussion..
13 Sep, 2006, Brinson wrote in the 7th comment:
Not a mac. I hate macs. Despise them.

And Aol isn't near as bad as people make it out to be, its just not for everyone. And they've made a damn nice browser. you should check it out.

BTW, AIM is now open source in case you didn't know. Someone should built a really, really awesome AIM client. The code is available from their site. I doubt its the entire client, but its something.

And DAMN, lowering the text size makes this site look ALOT ALOT ALOT ALOT ALOT better. and, yeah, it fixed it./
13 Sep, 2006, Guest wrote in the 8th comment:
Wow. The AOL browser defaults the text sizing that large? Bit much, but hey. Also a little annoyed that one of the nags we had from IE for awhile showed up on there with the left side box sticking out past its border :/
13 Sep, 2006, Brinson wrote in the 9th comment:
Nah, I upped the the size when I was reading through some code and leaning back in my chair.

And that little bug is fixed with making the text size smaller, too.
13 Sep, 2006, Dragona wrote in the 10th comment:
How wierd… I have my text size bigger but it does not do that… whether I am in Opera, Firefox, or IE it all starts at the top… :|
13 Sep, 2006, Conner wrote in the 11th comment:
In his screen shot, it looks like the stats block was jutting out past it's borders and the forum block wasn't starting until below that whole left set of blocks, so maybe AOL's version of IE decided that, at that size, the left block simply preceded the center block. *shrug*
15 Sep, 2006, Justice wrote in the 12th comment:
So I've been too lazy to check this out.

After a quick glance at the screenshot, I can say that the "Stats" section is what caused this. Particularly the "Posts" and "Newest Member" rows. Rather than clip offending text, IE tends to grow an area to fit, but doesn't update the surrounding areas. For flowing layouts that attempt to use all available space, this can have some unintended effects. In this case, the left and right bars float to either side, leaving the third area (middle) to clear the lefthand bar when it doesn't have enough room.

Haven't used opera in a few years, but Mozilla based browsers wouldn't have this problem. I've run across a couple solutions for this, but they tend to be non-standard IE centric like dynamic CSS attributes.
0.0/12