13 Jul, 2009, Cratylus wrote in the 81st comment:
Votes: 0
I looked briefly into this. That codebase appears to
contain no documentation nor licensing information.

You picked a codebase that is apparently unmaintained
and of obscure origin. This is a codebase that, if
used at all, probably ought be used by someone who
knows that they are doing.

I strongly urge you to pick an easier codebase. You
are setting yourself up for failure with this FFT.

-Crat
http://lpmuds.net
13 Jul, 2009, Dubstack wrote in the 82nd comment:
That what I have been asking lol I should have posted that long time ago. lol

Well I went and download this other code it is Circle so I am sure someone here can help with that. I want add stuff from FFT code into my circle mud but I would most likely have to code it in myself to the circle code from the C++ code <FFT> which I am pretty sure can be done just going to be hard long walk. lol any help you give me I will use I want to learn and if I can't find a coder to help me a long I will do it by myself. I'm a quick learner when I can have question answered for me, that doesn't mean do it for me but tell me how to do it and I will go do it. I don't want a step by step but an idea how to go about doing it.
13 Jul, 2009, Cratylus wrote in the 83rd comment:
Coffeemud: http://www.zimmers.net/home/mud

Use that.

-Crat
13 Jul, 2009, David Haley wrote in the 84th comment:
Dubstack said:
As for this quote Having a teacher would help cause if I don't understand something I can ask a question unlike if I was reading a book it just wouldn't talk to me about the simple question I have.

Many people have told you many times over that they are willing to answer questions. They're not willing to just teach you everything from scratch without any involvement on your part.

Go to the sources you've been pointed to. Read. Ask questions. Listen to the answers. Read more. Ask more questions.

Don't just sit there wringing your hands.

Dubstack said:
I don't want a step by step but an idea how to go about doing it

You've been told how to go about doing it – you just don't seem to like what you've been told to do. :thinking:
13 Jul, 2009, Zeno wrote in the 85th comment:
That what I have been asking lol I should have posted that long time ago. lol

I did days ago.
This doesn't look like a good public release…

And you said
So just scrap this code?
13 Jul, 2009, Cratylus wrote in the 86th comment:
These people keep using other words.

I will repeat my simple command.

You will now obey it.

Use that.

-Crat
13 Jul, 2009, Dean wrote in the 87th comment:
Cratylus said:
These people keep using other words.

I will repeat my simple command.

You will now obey it.

Use that.

-Crat

Obey the command of the Prophet Cratylus.
13 Jul, 2009, Dubstack wrote in the 88th comment:
About the Coffee mud just some question about it.

1. Can I add a World map to it
2. Can I add Multiple class and races? <This one is mostly a yes or no question, I know they have races/classes but what I mean to ask is can you make more into it.>
3. How bare can I go with the Coffee mud <Deleting files like; players.objects,mobs,areas, etc

I read most files on the website but those are not on there well 2 is but there is a sub answer to that all ready.
13 Jul, 2009, Cratylus wrote in the 89th comment:
Dubstack said:
About the Coffee mud just some question about it.

1. Can I add a World map to it
2. Can I add Multiple class and races? <This one is mostly a yes or no question, I know they have races/classes but what I mean to ask is can you make more into it.>
3. How bare can I go with the Coffee mud <Deleting files like; players.objects,mobs,areas, etc

I read most files on the website but those are not on there well 2 is but there is a sub answer to that all ready.

I am pleased you finally listened to someone.

Answers:

1. Probably. Depends on the type of area, I would guess. Read the CM docs on importing stuff.

2. Yes, I'm pretty sure.

3. On any codebase, I suggest you delete nothing until you know what you're doing. An exception
to this is if the codebase has clear instructions on how to do it. Read the instructions.

-Crat
http://lpmuds.net
13 Jul, 2009, Hades_Kane wrote in the 90th comment:
Cratylus said:
I am pleased you finally listened to someone.

Did Crat jizz in his pants?

Dubstack, another thing I thought of earlier… it seems you are looking for FFT? I can't vouch for the MUD or its staff, but its a copy of the old Final Fantasy Compendium which is Final Fantasy Tactics based, and they are really just getting started. I know the owner has recently sent out notes and such looking for more staff and people to help, and if you have a team of people that are looking forward to helping work on an FFT MUD, you might consider dropping by the MUD and talking to the guy. If I were just getting started like them, and someone came by with similar ideas for a similar MUD, and wanted to work together and bring a bunch of people to the game, I know I'd definitely give it a good listen because I think it could stand to benefit both groups.

Anyway, this is the MUD Connector listing address for the game. Also to clarify, I am in no way affiliated with this other FF game.

http://www.mudconnect.com/mud-bin/adv_se...
13 Jul, 2009, David Haley wrote in the 91st comment:
Hades_Kane said:
Did Crat jizz in his pants?

Maybe he did...
13 Jul, 2009, Zeno wrote in the 92nd comment:
I hope there will be no jizzing in pants during the meetup.
13 Jul, 2009, Cratylus wrote in the 93rd comment:
Zeno said:
I hope there will be no jizzing in pants during the meetup.

does that mean you won't be coming?

:(
13 Jul, 2009, bbailey wrote in the 94th comment:
Dubstack said:

The stock CoffeeMud distribution contains no prebuilt game world. When you start the server, it automatically generates one new area, with one room, containing one object. You then log in and create a character and pick up that object (a book), read it to be made an Archon (superuser with all administrative capabilities), and then delete that book to prevent other users from also reading it and becoming an Archon if you so desire. There are no additional preloaded things in the world to remove.

The above is explained in full in the Archon guide, which is referenced from CoffeeMud's website and is included in the distribution itself in the /guides/ directory.

There is A LOT of documentation (in the form of the various guides, and help files available in-game) included with CoffeeMud. It's very beneficial to read ALL of it, beginning with the Installation guide and then the Archon guide, then referencing the rest as you begin investigating more specific features.

The primary means of getting support from the coffeemud developers and help from other coffeemud users is the coffeemud mailing list, hosted at Yahoo Groups. I strongly advise joining that group and directing questions there if you do not receive adequate help here (which is doubtful once you begin exploring the codebase in earnest).

http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/coff...
14 Jul, 2009, Dubstack wrote in the 95th comment:
All right I'm uploading it now.
80.0/95