22 Jun, 2009, heather wrote in the 1st comment:
Votes: 0
Ahhh not sure if it's ok to post this here ^^; but was trying to find muds with lycanthropy or werewolves… Don't really like godwars or world of darkness or as a race selection though, any chance anyone might have a mud or know of a mud that has them? Well was just wondering….
22 Jun, 2009, Lyanic wrote in the 2nd comment:
Well, you ruled out the two main categories of MUDs (by codebase and by theme) that I could guarantee would have Werewolves. Could you provide any additional detail as to exactly what you're looking for? Perhaps then, I could attempt to make suggestions.
23 Jun, 2009, heather wrote in the 3rd comment:
Well was kind of in a middle ground of sorts… I'm more of a fan of the whole curse theme instead of it being a race you picked up at the start ^^; I don't really like PvP a whole lot either, was hoping something more for fun but RP is always fun to have if it isn't too much…
23 Jun, 2009, Lyanic wrote in the 4th comment:
I seem to recall End of Time (Final Fantasy/Misc. Square-Enix themed MUD) having Lycanthropy as a curse your character could pick up. It took a while to get it, though, and finding the Werewolf to curse you took a bit of searching. It's PK optional and RP-lite. I'd recommend Werewolves in my own game, but they're loosely derived from World of Darkness, which you ruled out.
23 Jun, 2009, heather wrote in the 5th comment:
Well i'll try taking a peek at what there is ^^; i've usually haven't had much fun with World of Darkness themed things though…
23 Jun, 2009, Dubstack wrote in the 6th comment:
Am sure they have a code that tells you how to code them in under a race select but I haven't found a good one yet or at less one I understand.
23 Jun, 2009, heather wrote in the 7th comment:
Have seen a lot of muds where they have them as races and they just do bonuses and negatives like a regular race, hardly see any where they are scripted in as something you get while playing and have the full moon transformations and everything else…
23 Jun, 2009, Kline wrote in the 8th comment:
You could try looking for any Ack derived games. Stock Ack has Werewolves and Vampires both in the code as "extras" – not a race. They're usually held fairly secretive and hunted by regular players when discovered. There aren't many Ack games about, and some have just removed the "supers" as they're called entirely, but there may still be one or two out there.
23 Jun, 2009, Kayle wrote in the 9th comment:
If MW was anywhere near being ready to open, I'd tell you to try our system out, Lycanthropy and Vampirism will be diseases transmitted by certain creatures and if you wait out the incubation period for said disease, you're then turned into a Vampire/Werewolf. Werewolves are forced to change on a full moon, but otherwise have the ability to change at will. Or.. rather, they will assuming I ever get moon phases coded in…
23 Jun, 2009, David Haley wrote in the 10th comment:
To be clear, you're looking for a MUD to play, right, not a codebase to develop from?
23 Jun, 2009, Denisius wrote in the 11th comment:
If it is a MUD to play on that you are looking for, you can try Erandia MUD. Even though we do not have were-wolves in the MUD, we do have a system of lycanthropy that you will most likely find rather interesting.

You can read about the rest of the features in our MUD listing here on MUDbytes: http://www.mudbytes.net/index.php?a=mudl...

If you are interested, please visit via the following IP:

erandia.net:2500

Wiki: www.erandia.net/erandiawiki
23 Jun, 2009, flumpy wrote in the 12th comment:
heather said:
Ahhh not sure if it's ok to post this here ^^; but was trying to find muds with lycanthropy or werewolves… Don't really like godwars or world of darkness or as a race selection though, any chance anyone might have a mud or know of a mud that has them? Well was just wondering….

My old mud nanvaent has lycanthropy, and it turns you into a were wolf (EDIT: i think this is true, although my memory fails me - you might just go berserk). Its also catching.

Basically you can get it from one of the werewolves in a village full of them (although they look like normal people in the day time). If they bite you, you get lycanthrope, which turns you berserk at night time and although you can control where you go, you cannot control who you fight.

There is a potion cure I think.

Interestingly you can also be a wolf race in Nanvaent (not a werewolf tho) but its quite a convoluted round trip to join the guild. Oh, and it involves sheep. Very annoying sheep.

[Edit w00t this is my 100th post :D]
23 Jun, 2009, heather wrote in the 13th comment:
Yeah was just muds to play on ^^; I don't really know much about coding at all besides changing a few little things around x.x; and no idea how to even run one anyway.

Well it's kind of lycanthropes or lycanthropy in general if it was something ingame, haven't really seen very many so was interested in seeing what there was… Didn't have much luck with searches anywhere and know some muds don't include it in their descriptions so was hoping I could try asking around to find some ^^;
24 Jun, 2009, tphegley wrote in the 14th comment:
Have you posted at topmudsites and tmc?
24 Jun, 2009, heather wrote in the 15th comment:
Mmmmm was going to wait a few days to see if any other muds came up and then maybe I might try on another connector if nothing else came up…. Tried looking at the muds I could that were mentioned on here so far…
24 Jun, 2009, KaVir wrote in the 16th comment:
heather said:
Well it's kind of lycanthropes or lycanthropy in general if it was something ingame, haven't really seen very many so was interested in seeing what there was…

To be fair there are actually a lot of muds with lycanthropes, it's just that your other criteria discounted almost all of them (no WoD, no GodWars, not a race, no PvP, not too much RP).
25 Jun, 2009, heather wrote in the 17th comment:
I guess I could try looking at the more pvp and heavier rp muds… Was kind of hoping there would've been more as it was. ^^;
25 Jun, 2009, KaVir wrote in the 18th comment:
Well you've already been given three suggestion - Nanvaent, Erandia and Ack. Did you try those? If you didn't like them, what exactly was it you didn't like? If you can break your requirements down into priority order, perhaps we can come up with at least some partial matches.

My mud (in my sig) has a werewolf class (with werebear and werefox subclasses), but it's also an unrestricted PK mud, shares certain thematic elements with GodWars (for obvious reasons) and has a steep learning curve. I get the impression you're looking for an easier and less competitive gaming environment?
25 Jun, 2009, heather wrote in the 19th comment:
Yeah don't really like the really competitive games ^^; I tried looking at Dark Risings a while back and tried asking around about the mud with tells and was told tells were treated IC even…. So don't really like the high rp muds x_x; I tried looking at some of the Ack stuff and it looked kind of gross and gory… I think Nanvaent was another class thing though, but was going to try looking at Erandia more…. I really liked what the End of Time mud had though too ^^;

Well I used to play a couple of muds that used to have them PrimalMUD and WoTL mostly… Was hoping to find another mud with a similar system maybe somewhere…
25 Jun, 2009, Kline wrote in the 20th comment:
heather said:
I tried looking at some of the Ack stuff and it looked kind of gross and gory…

Can you point me to that? Maybe we're talking two different Ack codes here, or something, because that's not my memory of any of the ones I played on lol
0.0/39