14 May, 2009, Guest wrote in the 1st comment:
Votes: 0
As of this posting, all 3 of the FUSS codebases now support MSSP Plaintext. I've uploaded the new packages to SmaugMuds.org and to the repository here.

Keberus has also made the snippet for SmaugFUSS available for those who are not using the current iterations of the FUSS codebases but still want to add the support to their games. Time to get crackin on installing!

And if anyone is wondering, I'll dust off AFKMud long enough to add the support to it as well in the next few days.
14 May, 2009, Scandum wrote in the 2nd comment:
Zeno ever got around to releasing his telnet snippet?
14 May, 2009, Zeno wrote in the 3rd comment:
Not yet, still plan to do that though.
17 May, 2009, Scandum wrote in the 4th comment:
While at it, I plugged MTH into SockedMUD and named the concoction WickedMUD.

http://www.mudbytes.net/index.php?a=file...

Also linked the codebases from my mssp spec page. I couldn't find the Smaug FUSS source code though, where is that at?
18 May, 2009, David Haley wrote in the 5th comment:
I couldn't find the Smaug FUSS source code though, where is that at?

Google fail :rolleyes:

Removed threading and the dns lookup (which arguably don't have much use)

I know several people who very actively use and desire non-blocking DNS lookup…
18 May, 2009, Guest wrote in the 6th comment:
Oh hey, Google gave us one of those sitelink thingies. Wouldn't have figured we rated high enough to deserve that :)
18 May, 2009, Kline wrote in the 7th comment:
David Haley said:
Removed threading and the dns lookup (which arguably don't have much use)

I know several people who very actively use and desire non-blocking DNS lookup…

I actually implemented it in my own base just because I got tired of only seeing IP addresses. :)
18 May, 2009, Guest wrote in the 8th comment:
It's also been a feature of SmaugFUSS and AFKMud for some time now, and was a very popular snippet before that.
18 May, 2009, quixadhal wrote in the 9th comment:
Threading for non-blocking DNS is one of the few really useful (and safe!) ways you can use threading. Many people have very slow nameservers, and having the mud stall for up to 20 seconds while it waits for a response from a malfunctioning nameserver is an Epic Fail, when it's easily avoided.

Adding it into an existing codebase may not be worth the effort if it's not a problem you have, but removing it seems pointless unless you're trying to get it to run on some antique that doesn't support threads?

*shrug*
18 May, 2009, Scandum wrote in the 10th comment:
David Haley said:
I couldn't find the Smaug FUSS source code though, where is that at?

Google fail :rolleyes:

*sigh* I know how to google. There's no updated Smaug FUSS source code on smaugmuds.org nor mudbytes. Hence my question, where is it at?

gethostbyaddr_r() isn't supported on Cygwin, and I wasn't in the mood to add auto config.
18 May, 2009, Guest wrote in the 11th comment:
Well aside from it being on SmaugMuds.org in the files section, it's also here in the repository. The update feature for the site software doesn't make that entirely obvious I'm afraid, but it was updated on the 17th.
18 May, 2009, Scandum wrote in the 12th comment:
I see - I was expecting a version change as with the other fusses.
18 May, 2009, Guest wrote in the 13th comment:
Things are a little different with FUSS. Version changes only tend to happen with large scale changes. Adding MSSP is a relatively small thing.
0.0/13