13 May, 2009, JohnnyStarr wrote in the 41st comment:
Votes: 0
Awesome elanthis, you know, i really hope you guys dont give up on
mudding, because i pretty much read all the posts on this forum and have learned more in the last 3 months than the last year in my mud-education. :robot:

Anyway, not to sound like a suck-up, but i'm really glad there's a community still.
:biggrin:
13 May, 2009, David Haley wrote in the 42nd comment:
One thing I've learned in the ~18 years I've been programming is that sitting down and taking the time to Learn Things Correctly is a huge time saver. I learned far more in the first year or two of formal education at college than I did in the ~12 years before that. (Well, really I guess only 5 of those should be counted as real, since I wouldn't expect a 6-13 year-old to learn or act like a college student… :tongue:) But seriously, there is a lot to learn and understand, and the most important thing to understand first is that there is a lot to learn and understand. :wink:
13 May, 2009, elanthis wrote in the 43rd comment:
Davion said:
I really hope that text files aren't terminated with a \n :P.

Did I mix up \n and \r again? I swear I'm dyslexic when it comes to those two. :/
13 May, 2009, elanthis wrote in the 44th comment:
staryavsky said:
Awesome elanthis, you know, i really hope you guys dont give up on
mudding, because i pretty much read all the posts on this forum and have learned more in the last 3 months than the last year in my mud-education. :robot:

You'll just have to learn well so you can help out the next generation of MUDers. :)
13 May, 2009, David Haley wrote in the 45th comment:
elanthis said:
Davion said:
I really hope that text files aren't terminated with a \n :P.

Did I mix up \n and \r again? I swear I'm dyslexic when it comes to those two. :/

No, it's that you said text files instead of text file lines. At least I think that's what Davion is talking about. :smile:
40.0/45