02 May, 2009, David Haley wrote in the 21st comment:
Votes: 0
quixadhal said:
AND, I don't have to worry about security issues/abuse for a feature that (IMHO) just isn't that useful.

Well, I don't have to worry about this either, since the only people who can do it could do plenty of harm without doing it if they chose to do so. It's not as if I could "abuse myself" by giving my own self higher privs on a different character.

There are several things in my game that do not behave the same way for mortals and for immortals. Certain immortals can basically see everything, whether or not things are invisible, hidden, not yet activated, etc. (And no, it's not just a question of having truesight enabled or not.) Likewise, immortals are not constrained by many of the limits imposed on players, and certain scripts simply wouldn't have any effect on them. Having a mortal character means that I can instantly see what players would actually see and experience what they'd actually experience. But I find it to be a waste of time to have to move the mortal around via another character, so I just let the mortal use the commands I normally use.

I think that this point it's pretty clear that you have different preferences or needs, though. :smile: My only point in all of this is that this can be a useful application of the trust command on mortals depending on your circumstances.
20.0/21