24 Aug, 2006, gotmtdew wrote in the 1st comment:
Votes: 0
problems with Cygwin.

Ok I haven't messed with it in months well since my last post on here. I have decided to download smaugfuss and afkmud again after my pc had to be reinstalled. now I have downloaded cygwin and installed the basic files that I thought I needed. But when I run cygwin and try to use it it doesn't want to work at all. is there a link on how to setup and use cygwin? I know it wasn't that long ago that I used it, but for some reason I can't remember how to run it and use the commands in it anymore.
24 Aug, 2006, Guest wrote in the 2nd comment:
http://www.smaugmuds.org/index.php?a=top...

Have you referred to the link for this post? The few additions it specifies should be all you need to meet the requirements to compile both AFKMud and SmaugFUSS.
24 Aug, 2006, gotmtdew wrote in the 3rd comment:
thanks again. it is always great to see great work on something and great people helping out those of us that are not so knowledgeable in this field. :)

thanks again.
24 Aug, 2006, gotmtdew wrote in the 4th comment:
ok redownloaded cygwin with the pearl and gcc and make files but when I doubleclick on the icon for cygwin on the desktop it takes me to bash-3.1$ i try to change to the dir and type make but doesn't do anything any ideas on what I am doing wrong?
24 Aug, 2006, kiasyn wrote in the 5th comment:
try typing bash
24 Aug, 2006, gotmtdew wrote in the 6th comment:
i made the file smaug. i went to start it and i got the following error

Reading in area files……………….
area.lst: No such file or directory.

when I checked the files are listed in the areas folder of the main mud folder.

any suggestions?
25 Aug, 2006, Dragona wrote in the 7th comment:
you said that the files are there is that just the area files or does that include an area.lst? The area.lst should have all your area files listed on it so that it knows which ones to load on boot.

Hope that helps :)
25 Aug, 2006, Remcon wrote in the 8th comment:
It means that you are not in the area directory when starting the mud up. Use the startup file in the src directory. Or you can cd into the area directory and use like ../src/smaug.exe to start the mud up.
25 Aug, 2006, gotmtdew wrote in the 9th comment:
thanks for all the help I got it working now. its great to see there are people willing to help those of us that are not too keen on these things :).

thanks again
0.0/9