22 Mar, 2009, Les wrote in the 1st comment:
Votes: 0
I've been toying around with gnome-mud's logging features for a couple of days now to make them not completely suck. One feature I added was the ability to include the color information into the log. After the fact it struck me that unless people routinely read their mud logs by cat'ing them in terminals this is pretty useless.

What I ended up doing was parsing the ECMA-48 codes and spitting out html. This works far better then I thought it would. Here's an example of the output:

http://www.gnome.org/~lharris/aardwolf.h...

I don't do the xterm 256 color codes yet but that's next.

Just thought it was neat and wanted to share :tongue:
22 Mar, 2009, Zeno wrote in the 2nd comment:
I don't know if zMUD does this, but I know MUSHclient does.

Good to see it in other clients.
22 Mar, 2009, Scandum wrote in the 3rd comment:
Added it to tintin a while back, it also does background colors. Totally forgot about xterm 256 colors, guess I'll rush you to it Les. :P
22 Mar, 2009, Les wrote in the 4th comment:
Zeno said:
Good to see it in other clients.

Yeah I didn't think this was some zomg exclusive gnome-mud thing. Just was a bit excited and wanted to show someone, showing this stuff to my wife doesn't elicit any sort of reaction beyond 'that's nice, dear'. :wink:

Scandum said:
Totally forgot about xterm 256 colors, guess I'll rush you to it Les. :P

http://www.gnome.org/~lharris/devserver-...

I win maybe? :smile:
22 Mar, 2009, Scandum wrote in the 5th comment:
Looks like it, unless you don't handle \eLooks like it, unless you don't handle \e[38;5;5m correctly. :evil:
22 Mar, 2009, Les wrote in the 6th comment:
Scandum said:
Looks like it, unless you don't handle \eLooks like it, unless you don't handle \e[38;5;5m correctly. :evil:[/quote]

Actually I'm sure I don't handle that correctly :) What is that? Does <fg|bg>;5;<0-15>m drop back down to the standard colors?
22 Mar, 2009, Scandum wrote in the 7th comment:
It should, 0-7 is dim, 8-15 is bold.

Also, \eIt should, 0-7 is dim, 8-15 is bold.

Also, \e[90m to \e[109m are supported by most terminals but often forgotten about by muds.
22 Mar, 2009, Les wrote in the 8th comment:
Thanks for the heads up. Got it fixed it on my end.
0.0/8